Oct 22, 2009

DisHonorable Mention

Even though I are truck driver, I can never resist throwing a few jabs at some of my fellow freight relocators. I believe that there are many very nice, respectable, courteous highway heroes cruising around on eighteen wheels of thunder. But, let's face it. There are many more less desirables strutting their stuff, as well. Many, many more. I don't know what it is about the size of the vehicle or the anonymity of the CB radio that makes drivers feel the need to behave their worst.


This post is not about driving skills, but rather, the disposition of a few of those less desirables.

Today, I had the opportunity to be reminded several times that the negative trucker image is sustaining life with the help of those lacking morals or self respect.

First off, I stopped to shower in New Castle, Pennsylvania, and was surprised (and tickled) to find a sign from the management hanging in the shower room.

Please leave provided towels in shower
room when finished.
If you would like to purchase one,
the cost is $10.00.

Are they serious? Who in their right mind would be stealing towels from a truck stop. Obviously this was what the sign was signifying. Ummm, don't they realize just how many nasty arses have been swiped with those things. Not to mention what ever else they have been used for. GROSS!!
I, myself, prefer to carry my own. At least I know what body parts they have been touching! And I personally do not care how hot the water in the washing machines gets. There are some nasty people out there!!

The second offensive reminder belongs to a female trucker. While at another truck stop, a man was begging and pleading over the radio for any female to give him a hooter shot, as it had been years since he has had one. We have all heard this song and dance before. But lo and behold, Miss Thang not only obliges him by baring the big guns, but she has the indecency to jump out of her truck and sashay into the middle of the parking lot where she then bared herself for EVERYONE to see. Of course, boys will be boys and she did receive a round of horn toots for her presentation. But unfortunately, it is women like her, that make it rough for other ladies who drive for a living. Not me, of course, as I have my own personal means of survival.


Thanks guys, while I may not always agree with your methods, at least I can always count on your consistency to make a fool out of yourself, which naturally leaves me looking even better!!

11 comments:

simstick said...

Your a trucker? I thought this was fiction. I don't want to be subscribed to a truck driver blog.
Gotcha! Real shame the worst thing about the job at times are your fellow "professionals"

John II said...

I agree. It's a shame to share the highway with "people who operate large vehicles" (they don't deserve to called truck drivers) that don't care about their professionalism, being courteous, and konw how to keep their behavoir in check.

Anonymous said...

I know one silly truck driver who swipes towels and then blames it on his poor dog jack.

That dog must be a saint.

John II said...

You know, I guessing some trucker read this blog and afterwards threw away the towel and started washing him/her self from head to toe.
As for the woman who put on a show for the drivers at the truck stop, I bet this happen:
(Over the C.B) "Whoo-wee! She sure is a looker! Wait a damn minute, is that who I think it is?" (Put on loudspeaker) "Betty Lou?"
"Daddy?!"
"Damn it!"
(Woman appearing out from inside the sleeper bunk) "What's wrong, Enos?"
(Enos) "Arlene, it's our busty yet stupid daughter Betty Lou. Look what she showing the boys out here!"
(Arlene) "Oh, for heaven's sake! This is exactly why she was fired from Hooters! The manager called her unprofessional and rude to the customers."
Terry, you will always look better to us no matter what the other drivers do.
:D

Unknown said...

LOL! Yeah, unfortunately there are some that think it's their life's calling to fulfill the NEGATIVE stereotypes.

I made a woman so mad going thru San Antonio once that was doing her phone sex operator routine I think she would have run me off the road if she could have found me. Some guy passed me and called out my truck asking if I was the one talking, told him no I wasn't that desperate for attention. Wow, should have heard her cussing me, LOL.

Gabby

doomytunes said...

I remember awhile back there was a video of a lot lizard actually strutting around the truckstop topless for all to see. I am sure it gave the regular public a good impression of "professional drivers". Ironically people yell at me when I go around shirtless but I think it's for different reasons.

Terry said...

Gabby, I did the same thing one time. There was a woman trying to get lucky on the CB so I decided to take an alternate route. 75 miles later, I ended up meeting up with her again. I let her have it, but this lady was too embarrassed to speak afterwards, it was the men who were angry at me!!

Doomy, You do realize that this blog is a NO Shoes, NO shirt, NO Comment!! type of blog.LOL, I dont know, some of the women I have seen bare breasted in trucks looked much worse than you could ever.

Gary said...

soooooo, exactly what body parts have those towels of yours touched? just kidding, lol! how are you doing? never hear from you anymore.

Terry said...

Gary, just so you dont feel left out. My towels have been in between my toes. Now, who really wants to share toejam?

John II said...

Gary, you should've asked Terry if it comes with or without 100% natural fruit and if it's sugar-free?
OK, now who surprised and tickled you when you were in the shower room at the New Castle truck stop?
HA!HA!HA!

Terry said...

John II, how quickly you forget the story of poopy shoe. But I would imagine that it is sugar-free...