Oct 30, 2009

Jumping the Gun

Perhaps, just maybe, I might be posting this a little too early. BUT...


After experiencing pain and discomfort for the past 10 MONTHS, I am very happy to report that I have had ONE FULL WEEK of entirely no pain whatsoever. Well, maybe one little twinge, but I readjusted to eliminate that one immediately.

You have no idea what this means. Seriously..I have been living in extreme discomfort while at work, only to slowly begin to recuperate while at home. At the point that my legs, knees, joints and hips were finally easing up, I would return to work with the pain flaring up literally within 30 minutes of driving. No way to live.

I think this definitely accounts for alot of my foul mood this past year.

It all started with changing trucks. The seat .... The seat caused excruciating discomfort, numbness and swelling in my legs. I had it replaced with the seat out of the old truck, but this only offered a temporary solution. I bought a deep tissue massager. I purchased 3 new pairs of running shoes. I have had personal massages. I decreased mileage in my exercising. Nothing seemed to offer any real relief. In fact, it had gotten so bad, that when I was off of my feet, the only comfortable position I could relax in was laying on my belly. But even then, the nerves and joints remained irritated.

I was actually beginning to think I would have to give up running completely. I was going to schedule appointments with doctors. Orthaepedic, nerve, circulation, whoever needed to be seen to get this diagnosed. The pain was too much and I was forced to live with it...

ARGHHHHHH!!

So, now it seems to have disappeared. Just like that!! I went through 2800 miles of driving with only one tiny remnant of pain flaring up this past week.

The remedy...


I know it seems ridiculous, but I think all of my physical problems may have just been solved, And as further evidence, I dropped 5 minutes off of my 4-mile run this morning!!

I bought a $10.00 cushion and placed it in my driver's seat. It works like a charm, so far!! No pain anywhere

6 comments:

John II said...

Wow, imagine that. By putting your cute little tush on a cushion, it cured about 100% of your aches and pains.
You know, I maybe no doctor or have a medical degree but I'm prettycertain that "one little twinge" was you getting all excited because you don't hurt anymore.

Indy said...

One word!

Wonderful news

Ooooops!

That was 2 words

Indy said...

Seriously, I am so pleased that another thing in your life is on the up and up! Go gurl!

Todays Walk said...

I'm a tall, long legged person and I have 2 different pillows in my car during road trips. Sometimes I have to adjust the 80 degree angle, (butt lower then my knees) and make that bend a true 90 degree angle at the hips. It amazing the small difference a pillow will make on those 10 or so degrees. My right leg doesn't go numb to the foot after this adjustment. My road trips are hard, 2,000 miles in 72 hours, solo. So, I completely understand the need to comfort in a seat.
PS. Nice job on the purchase for the our guys in uniform. Very cool.

Terry said...

John II, I think the resolution is a direct result of raising my tush above my knees, and the one little twinge came from sitting too long and letting the cushion slip around.

Indy, yes , wonderful Indeed!!I have also resolved the throat/lack of voice issue as well, but that is another post.

Todays Walk, I wish I had thought of this sooner. My daily mileage is comparable to yours and while I was aware that the seat was pressing into the back of my thighs, I did not comprehend how much pain that could inflict.

Gary said...

glad you found a cure for what's ailing you and at such an inexpensive cost!