Feb 21, 2009

Run Happy

After having a physically and emotionally frustrating week, I thought I should try to get back out on the trail and start running again. Those endorphins help to keep me on cloud nine.


The last time I ran, was before Thanksgiving...I have used multiple excuses... Pain and discomfort, numb legs, cold weather, stress, blah blah blah.. I know, they were all just convenient excuses.

So, in order to get my stride back, I headed to a Specialty Shop to get fitted for the right type of shoe.

HA!! It turns out, I have been in the wrong shoe wearing the wrong size. How could I not know? Well......I just didn't, but the extreme leg pains I was experiencing in November were a telltale sign that the shoes were worn out with less than 200 miles on them. So today, I happily purchased last years model of a shoe built for stability at a 25 percent discount (last years model).  Brooks...  I have never tried these. I hear good and bad reports (everybody has their own personal favorite), but I have also  used Asics, Saucony, and New Balance.  I guess we will find out when the pains set in again. 

I wanted to try them out, but it is raining (another excuse) and I have to pack for work....

But I can no longer use the excuse that  I need new shoes!!  I am terribly behind in my mileage for the year..Yikes....I am so ashamed!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Get to running girl! How can we have the Mutual Admiration Society for Women Truckers Who Run and Kick Butt if you're not running? kinda like the he-man woman haters club from the Little Rascals (had to ask James for this one, it was before my time, LOL).

It's ok to skip it right now if it's raining--need to break in the shoes first before adding in the friction from the water. I have a couple of toe blisters from my wet run this morning, blech.

Gabby

Indy said...

You girls make me tired just reading about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strueth! Every couple of days, I run from the back of my trailer to the front, whether I need to or not!!!!

Kindest Regards

Indy

Anonymous said...

running...i just don't know what to say.