Feb 9, 2009

I am SOOOOOOO Confused!

Really. I am not sure what is going on here, but I am almost frightened to realize the outcome.


Turned the truck in....
Truck Diagnosed....
Parts Ordered......
Parts installed....
Problem still occurring !!
Phone call to resubmit list of symptoms.....offer suggestions....
Time Passes....

I called to day to check on my girl, and was told that she was ready. They were going to do one more 50 mile test run, to make sure no new codes come up, and no false signals were being sent to the sensors.

I asked what had been done to rectify the problem. It was then I was told that they had changed a light control module and that fixed it.....

WHAT ??

Last week they told me the light control module did not fix it. I know there are three of them, but they only replaced one!  And it did not work....So, now it is magically working??

I have a sneaking suspicion that when I get back into my truck next week, it will not exactly be as I had hoped it to be. I don't want to be a pessimist, but how can one part not work, then the exact same part suddenly make all the difference in the world...  Could that be a lack of communication between foreman and mechanic...I hope not, but something sure does smell fishy!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someones has made good money out of all this.
That said, is the cable shorting did damage to the ECU first and they replaced the light thing before the ECU, then there might be some truth to it - or simply a plug had come undone - either way I bet all this has cost a small fortune.

Indy said...

A wise old truckie once said this to me! :-)

He said, "Son! There are several people you don't want to upset in this world if you wanna drive trucks.

1/ The allocator (dispatcher). He/she controls whether you eat. It is as simple as that.

2/ The loader/forklift/whatever driver. (S)he dictates how long you will be mucked about, overloaded or a thousand other things or whether you get to get the hell outta there in a hurry and in one piece!

3/ The mechanics. They control whether you have a good ride are drive a bucket of ....... stuff.

Seems that you've been lucky enough with options 1 & 2 but 3?????

Good luck with it, Darl. I hope you get it resolved.

Of course, you could drive a Kenworth T408SAR and have realiability plus on some of the harshest routes/roads in the world!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha

Just kidding!

Terry said...

Hey Simon....Actually they are trying to do all the repairs inhouse, to save as much money as possible....


Oh Indy, as far as keeping people happy, my situation is in reverse. 1) The Boss wants me happy because so few are willing to run NYC, and if the one guy is busy, he will have a hard time covering my load.

2)The loaders could not care less. It is a random bunch of people and as long as it fits on the trailer, they dont concern themselves with safety or drivers! I used to complain about dangerous loads, now I just do what I have to.

3) I think the real problem with the mechanics is that they seriously do not hear a word that comes out of my mouth. Maybe not so much ignorance on their part, just always distracted!
Well, Indy, I may not have the harshest routes/roads, but I do hang out in one of the Harshest Traffic Cities!! I LOVE NYC!!!!

Anonymous said...

i hate that fishy smell.

and i can't imagine why the mechs would be distracted...