Nov 8, 2008

Scenic Byways

Well Folks, the mighty recession has finally hit home...

We received some disturbing news a week ago about the projections for the next few months. At work, that is! Originally, this did not concern me too much... The New England routes pay the most and most of our drivers refuse to head in that direction... But with our freight slowing, the potential for these drivers to suddenly feel the need to spread their wings greatly increases. Now, I honestly don't believe any of them would take MY route. They will however take the PA, NJ load, which means AA takes my route...I do not begrudge him of this... Only those drivers who force him into that situation.

It happened this week! Mr T. !! Hopefully he will be unable to curb his nasty attitude while in the area, but once again, money is a powerful motivator. We shall see.

So, this week, I am heading into Tennessee... From there, who knows! Having low miles, ensures I will be first in line for any additional runs, so that is a positive aspect... Most of our customers have opted to order on a "need" basis rather than warehousing additional stock. Our scrap pick-ups have just about dried up, as many in this industry have slowed as well. The next few months will be tight.

So what, life goes on...By the way, I just finished a 5 mile run, so I am on cloud nine with my endorphins kicking in!! Wooooooo hooooooo!! Nothing can get to me for at least 3 more hours! HA!!

Back to Tennessee..... A month ago, I rambled on about moving trailers from point A to point B. I might have even bragged about the incredible landscape that I had the pleasure of meandering through. In fact, I know I promised you a video! So here it is!





Sorry about the video's poor quality... My camera was just about to give up the ghost!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on that 5 mile run. I could barely walk three!

Terry said...

Whatever..... I seem to recall you Walking For A Cure in the not so distant past.....You and Little Miss Thing!! HA HA.. tell it to someone else!! :)

Digital Fortress said...

I hope your work stays steady and that nobody takes over your route.

Watching that made me feel like I was on a rollercoaster ride!

Season and I both have an affinity for Tennessee, but I don’t think either one of us has actually spent any long amount of time there. It’s such a beautiful state though.

Anonymous said...

Nice video, it looks like the roads here in England.

Karine said...

you drive truck, amazing!, How can you do this?!!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the job situation, Terry. that really sux. hopefully things will return to normal soon. i see you got on that ride again even though you are too short ;)

Rick said...

Wheee! Awesome video.

Anonymous said...

Ever wonder what if?

Terry said...

DF~ That was the concept... Not so much to show the beautiful scenery.. Glad you were able to "feel" the video.

Karine Webster, you would be amazed. There are actually many female truckdrivers here in the States....

Gary~ nanny nanny boo boo

Rick~ Time for another Sunday Drive??

Anonymous~ I often wonder What If? But just which 'what if' you are referring to leaves me wondering that much more.....