Nov 26, 2008

Need I Say More?

Saturday November 22rd

I got extremely lucky this week, with it being a holiday. Our sister plant in Tennessee had a New England route that was not covered, so it was offered to me! But in order to make a Rhode Island delivery first thing Monday morning, I had to leave the homestead early on Saturday.

Now, this morning, I did indeed deliver a load of trees to the local Boy Scouts, but I did not do a pretrip inspection on my Truck/Trailer because I was only traveling 6 miles round trip.

Serves me right!!

When I attempted to begin this weeks journey around 1pm, I did my formal inspection and noted that I had a flat tire on my tractor.

The same tire that had been leaking air 3 months ago when the truck was assigned to me.
The same tire that was written up numerous times for leaking air.
The same tire that when inspected last week for having insufficient air pressure, and was then mercifully aired up instead of exchanged...

Come on folks, you just gotta laugh! Because of the amount of turmoil I am bombarded with when it comes to these trucks.... You really just have to laugh it off, otherwise I would go crazy.

So, I made the appropriate calls and decided to head up to Tennessee with the low tire. I was pulling an empty trailer and there was some air left in the tire, so the boss agreed that it would be easier to get a new tire at our sister plant. Our local mechanics were unreachable as they were busy chasing Bambi through the woods. The Tennessee mechanic waited for me, and managed to repair several more items... Like the bracket that holds the exhaust pipe in place. It was broken! He also gave me a new tire pressure gauge, because I flung mine into the netherworld when I noticed the low tire back in Georgia.

I heart Tennessee

Well, even with the rough start, I did manage to get a New England load!!! Yippee!!

3 comments:

John said...

Still don't know how you keep up your spirits. I'd a been long gone. Good for you though.

Anonymous said...

i finally got new drive tires on my tractor and my leaking tire problem has finally disappeared! glad yours has too!

Terry said...

Well, John, I have been extremely blessed with such a wonderful temperament. It does frustrate me to no end when others get Upset over the tiniest little things. Life is too short to go around spreading negative energy...

Gary, amazing how that works isn't it......