Nov 9, 2008

Just Two Minutes......




I just wanted to take the next few minutes of your time, and give my gratitude to you!




I want to Thank you for making a decision, and being willing to sacrifice everything you know and love for my safety.




I want to Thank you for standing in the heat of battle and protecting my Freedom!




I want to Thank you for the commitment and dedication you have shown to me by serving as my defender.




I want to Thank you for not backing down, no matter how hard the fight!




I want to Thank you for the courage you have shown, as I am not so brave.




I want to Thank you for your tenacity, as I would have never been able to even face the enemy.




I want to Thank you for your fortitude, you are truly the backbone of America.




I know sometimes it might feel that You have been forgotten, or even unappreciated. I just want you to know, that you are my Hero. You are my America and I love you for that! I do think about you often, and am continually showing my appreciation to those who are serving presently.




I am often among the first to approach a Serviceman and offer my gratitude, You might even see me driving down the highway with a sign in my window that merely reads " Thank You"... I do this for the fellows in the Military Convoys... And if you look close enough, you will most certainly see a tear running down my cheek.




I know I will never be able to show you exactly what you mean to me, so I just wanted to say Thank You!!












This post is dedicated to ALL of the men and women who have ever put on that uniform and made the commitment to defend our Freedoms. For the rest of my readers, I sincerely hope that you have taken the time to show your gratitude as well, and not just on Veteran's Day, but throughout the year. They gave up a lot for you, surely they deserve a little portion of your heart!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very nice tribute, Terry.

Anonymous said...

Very Well Written. Great job. Tim Upstate Ny

Anonymous said...

thanks for the salute. appreciate the good words and your sentiments.

a vietnam vet

Anonymous said...

Just reading your salute, and it brought a tear to my eye. To servicemen and women all over the world, Thank You. Well done Terry. Austen in the UK.

Digital Fortress said...

From one veteran to another, I salute your service and to you, Terry, thank you for your support. It is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the salute to Veteran's. Very well written and appreciated.

Tron
USMC (1984 to 1990)

Terry said...

A special Thank You to everyone who stumbled upon this post and left a comment. It was worth the time to write even if only one of you had read it!!!!