Nov 26, 2008

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Monday November 24th



So I made Rhode Island with plenty of time to spare. I eased into the state and made a beeline for the first available parking spot I could find, at the Welcome Center. Being that this was a load out of our Tennessee plant, I am unfamiliar with the customer line-up. But knowing New England as I do, I was undaunted. The only problem with that is I did not have directions to my first delivery, which is in Pawtucket. Not to be confused with Pawcatuck, which is just across the state line in Connecticut.



Pawtucket is very close to Providence and both are beautiful little cities with roads designed more for horse and buggy rather than 60+ foot of big truck. So, I opted to set my alarm and get up in time to begin calling customers for directions. After the Pawtucket drop, I was to move into Boston Proper....With the city ordinance of No Trucks on certain streets before 10am, I decided to play good little trucker and obey the suggestion. Therefore, I was in no rush to get to Pawtucket..



These were the only two deliveries I would make today, because my Long Island drop would close before I could reach them. So, with this in mind, I set about the day in a relaxed state of mind.







I really enjoyed the Pawtucket delivery. It was located in an old factory district. The men were shocked to see me, rather than their regular delivery man and OF COURSE, slathered me with adoration. I love those New England men!!



But the best part of the day, was the load!!!








Is that not the prettiest load structure you have ever seen me post. Talk about symmetry. Ohhh la la.



But just to refresh your memory, here are a few of the brilliant load structures I have dealt with pulling Georgia loads.























I heart Tennessee!!

4 comments:

John said...

Amazing. I'd stay in Tennessee.

Anonymous said...

Wow, did a truck driver load that one for you instead of the regular folks?

Anonymous said...

glad you had a relaxing trip back into new england.

Terry said...

Yes, John, that may be an upcoming option.. Stay Tuned!!

Mickfly, no, this one was loaded at our Main Plant by people who know what they are doing...My normal plant, they could care less, right!!

Gary, your just saying that!!! :P