Oct 3, 2008

The Man of My Dreams.....

While traveling eastbound along I-40, through what is simply known as The Gorge to us Easterners, the following conversation took place.

"Watch out, there are a bunch of peanuts in the road......"

Me: Did you say Peanuts?

At this point another unfamiliar voice boomed out over the airwaves.....

PEANUT BUTTER

Me: Jelly

and in response

I GOT NOTHING

Me: What do you mean, you got nothing?

The unfamiliar voice then went on to state that he believed I was indeed his soul mate. He knew from my one word response Jelly, that I was the perfect mix of trucker, female and clown all wrapped up in one nice tiny package.

But then, the fantasy was shattered, as another driver remarked, " It would never work!! You (the unfamiliar voice) are headed west and she (me) is going east. There is no place to turn around for 30 miles....It just isn't meant to be"

Sadly, we both continued our predetermined directions, and faded out of site.....

I was so close to meeting the man of my dreams........soooo close.



Peanut... PeanutButter... Jelly.... Did you get the reference? Not to be confused with Peanut Butter Jelly Time..... Just so you know.


I am still unsure as to why we were supposed to fear the peanuts laying in the road, which I never saw......



The Gorge is a stretch of Interstate 40 running through western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee. It is nestled in the heart of the Pisgah National Forest and is part of the mountainous area known as the "eastern Grand Canyon". I have never called it the Eastern Grand Canyon, that is just what the interwebs tell me.......But I do have a video or two....

Stay Tuned.

7 comments:

Terry said...

DF... If I had to guess, there were probably no peanuts, only shells...... and a $500 fine for littering!

Sally said...

i totally got your peanut butter reference...love it! =)

Digital Fortress said...

That'll teach her!

Love Bears All Things said...

Hello,
Sorry we didn't connect this weekend.
Mama Bear

Kathy said...

I know where your talking about and that is an absolutely gorgeous area of the country, been through there a lot.

I'm so sorry you didn't get to meet the man of your dreams. But then again have you ever heard a "dreamy" voice and then you meet them and they ARE NOTHING like the voice. (I mean nothing - butt ugly!) ha ha

Terry said...

Oh.. Kathy..... CB radios are very disillusioning (is that a word) You know exactly... 99% of the time, whomever you are speaking too, in no way resembles what you thought you were speaking to.

Cb radios make everyone sound sooooo attractive and then WHAM!! you see the ugly truth behind the voice.

Kathy said...

Ha ha - exactly. Same thing with a guy seeing a girl with beautiful long hair walking down the street. The "girl" turns around and it's a guy. I've caught hubby doing this several times and he always says "my eyes, my eyes" like his eyes just got burned. That's what ya get for looking darlin'.

;-)