Oct 3, 2008

At Least I Got Paid

This week, after finishing my delivery route, I was offered the opportunity to make some quick easy extra income...

The objective was to supply a new account with plenty of empty trailers. My goal was to move as many trailers as I could from Duncan, South Carolina to Greenville, Tennessee.

So, for two days, I shuttled empty trailers north, and bob tailed back south.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, as the route carried me through the mountains, and I love the mountains, especially with no loaded trailers.

The route paid 140 miles in each direction, but the first trip took nearly 190. Remember, it is through the mountains. Lots of restricted roads!!! I had asked several people the best way to get there, resulting in the longer route. I stumbled upon a shorter route and was thrilled with the drive. I love a good skinny scenic route. I was told of yet another route, but it was restricted. Not sure what the restriction was for, I opted for the second route.

After spending 2 days moving trailers, I was wore out. When I finally dropped my last trailer, I meet up with three company drivers who were picking up the trailers I had just dropped and taking them......




back south, to a location that was only 100 miles from where I picked them up.

WHAT??

Oh well, at least I got paid for my endeavors.... and I great some great video footage that I will post shortly.

The drivers who picked up my trailers where headed back south on the restricted route, so I decided to follow them. I was bobtail, after all, so I was no longer apprehensive about running this road. Surely, if they are pulling trailers along this route, I am legal to drive it too.

We did find out what the restriction was.....Nothing longer then 60 foot. Glad I didn't attempt it with a trailer, but it was such a fun road...Kiss your arse curves through the mountains....

*sigh*

I want to live in the mountains......

5 comments:

Digital Fortress said...

That sure sounded efficient...was it a government contract? ;)

Terry said...

I try not to question the logic too much, as long as I am getting paid. I may be able to do this again next week....Be nice if I could just grab one trailer and go round and round and round....Same results.....LOL

Kathy said...

I love the mountains also and have always wanted to live in Colorado. Would never get my husband to agree to that, he hates snow that much.

But I always enjoy a good ride through the mountains.

Terry said...

Kathy...oh, I love the snow too!! Maybe we should plan a girls weekend away and go find some snowy mountains to gaze upon.... :)

Kathy said...

Girls weekend, snow falling outside, a glass of wine or mulled cider, curled up and talking girl talk - sounds perfect to me.