Jul 18, 2008

Rabid Venting

I am ready to blow, dammmit!!

I have such much hostility built up in me right now, that it is sooooo hard to maintain a cheerful disposition.

I have not bit off any ones head yet, but it is coming!!

Okay, first of all, work! I am beginning to detest my job. I have loved this account for years. Through all of the difficulties that have arisen from the likes of Homer and the Fisherman, I still managed to enjoy my job! But the slow truck..... NOPE!! Definitely not for me.... I tend to get sleepy very easily now. What was once an enjoyable trip down the road, has become a torturous excursion full of naps and whining. The worst part of this, is that the Employer is going to turn the trucks back up to a more acceptable speed. But they are toying with us about it. The Boss has been waging a war with them over the past few weeks, and it seems that 9 out of 10 people have approved of the request. It is the approval of the tenth person that will make it happen. Who knows, maybe they will be turned up when I go back to work Saturday night. I doubt it though.

But why would a slow truck bring on such hostility? Because I cannot get anywhere.. My road trips ARE significantly longer and I find that I am worn out after 3-4 hours of driving. My normal 36 hour return trip has become a struggle to complete in 48 hours!! And there is absolutely no courtesy extended to a slow moving vehicle. Yes, I hate the slow truck!! NO.. I will not get used to it!! I will find a new job if they don't do something fast because my attitude absolutely sucks at the moment. That is not fair to you!! That is not fair to me!! I hate being angry all the time.

Another reason I feel the need to vent is because of my living conditions. I lease an apartment. I am here 3-4 days a week. I can never find a good parking spot because of (1) the out of towners are parked in the residents parking spots, and (2) the employees who live here have non-drivable vehicles parked in the residents parking spots. This infuriates me!!! I pay an ungodly amount of money to call this place home, yet when I unpack my car at the end of the week, I have to make a 15 mile trek to get back to my front door. AND, a few months ago, when my friends were parking in the residents zone, I received notices that their cars would have to be moved....So, why is the guy from Illinois still parking at MY front door....

And to top it off, I received another notice that my satellite dish would have to be removed from my balcony. It is not attached according to code!!! It protrudes over the railing about 10 inches and this is forbidden. It has only been mounted in this location for 20 months!!!!!!! So, I snatched it off the rails and cancelled my service!!! There is no other location to mount it and get signal, so off it goes. The fact that I had to cancel my service does not really bother me. Let's face it. I only watch television about 4-8 hours a MONTH!! What infuriates me is a lot of the other tenants have things hanging over the rails of their balconies and none of their items are being written up!! I am probably over reacting, but I am seriously frustrated!!

ANd speaking of my bastard landlords..... I have mentioned before we have a valet trash service.... Sweet!! For only $25 per month, they will come to your front door and pick up your trash....I did not sign up for this service.. It is not an elected amenity. You pay regardless... I cannot use this service, because it only runs Sunday thru Thursday.....Typically the days I am away from home. But yet I still pay for the trash service AND use of the dumpster.. That's right!! Two separate fees for 2 bags of trash per month!! You see, I recycle everything I can get my paws on. I take more to the recycle center downtown , than I put in the trash dumpster.

And since I am on a roll...... I really detest the dog poop that is rotting in front of my humble abode because the pet's owner refuses to pick it up.

Jiminy Crickets!!! I think I am about to blow a fuse!!!

Now, is one of those moments when I wish I had someone to come home to. Someone to just hug me and make it all better!!! Don't worry folks, I will overcome this and return to my normal self soon!!! I promise.

8 comments:

*~*Cece*~* said...

OMG I would be in the same frame of mind you are in! {{{hugs}}}

Unknown said...

It just seems like everything piles in all at once, huh. Sending what few good vibes I have right now to you. I'll have more after next weekend when my biological father goes back to California and I promise to share them too!

James and I were talking last week about how relieved we were that they only cut our trucks back to 65mph (for now anyways). People don't realize how stressful it is to go that much slower than the flow of traffic and you're right very few drivers will cut a slow truck any slack. It seems like they actually go out of their way to NOT let you change lanes, merge in, etc.

Gab

Lyndon said...

Okay, whoa, time out.........

Good grief what a state to get in.

Actually here is a great prank to get the dog owner back.

Get the poop and put it in an envelope, take it round to their front door and place the said envelope on the floor.

Set fire to the envelope, knock the door then run, hide and watch.

Its instinctive, they will try to stamp out the flames.

And in case you were wandering, yes i was a problem child !!!

Lyndon said...

Oops, i almost forgot why i posted, ive sent you some nice singing horses to calm you down.

http://www.dennyweb.com/singing_horses.htm

enjoy.

Terry said...

Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate the vibes, and hugs and horses.... Damn those singing horses.....

Anonymous said...

Can i be the one you come home to?

Mr Smokey

Terry said...

Well, Mr Smokey.. It would be nice if you could at least give me a hug.... :P

Anonymous said...

Okay then, here it comes! HUG!

Mr Smokey