Jul 31, 2008

Oh Happy Day

After a weekend adventure with some family members, I headed out on my weekly New England run and decided that I am not going to let this get the best of me.

Unless you are in my shoes, you have no idea what exactly I am really going through, and to try and explain it over and over again is just going to irritate you and well, I do NOT want to do that!!

SO, I set out with my old mentality in check and remained pleasant and cheerful for much of the week. Still having issues but not letting them alter my mood, I returned home in much better shape than the prior weeks. The only thing I could not control is the amount of tension that has set up in my neck and shoulders....

I actually had quite a lovely week. Quite lovely, indeed.... I received an invitation to have dinner with some of my customers when they arrive in Atlanta next month for a trade show. That is why I love my customers. It is so much more personal than just being a driver... And all my deliveries came off the trailer with no bloodshed. Unlike last week! I still lost time due to (you should know by now) But enjoyed the downtime, as I was exhausted.

Tuesday, I ran into a Canadian friend of mine. He hauls the same type of product and we deliver to several of the same customers. His route followed mine for several stops so at least I had someone to chat with!! And he happily followed me at the slower rate of speed, because my appointments were before his and he would have had to wait on me to unload anyways!

I finished up Tuesday afternoon and headed south where AA agreed to meet me in Virginia. It is just so much easier running slow if you have someone to cut up with. Wednesday morning, I got detoured to make an additional pick-up but discovered some gorgeous scenery en route, so that wasn't too bad... See, I loves me some mountains, and while the Appalachians are tiny in comparison to the grandiosity of the western ranges, there are still some breathtaking views.

I am better now, closer to being myself, which I am sure you must appreciate. Now if only I could work out those knots in my shoulders, then all will be wonderful. At least until I head out again.

No comments: