Jul 31, 2008

A First....

My Boss just called me and after a few moments, I realized just exactly what he was hinting about.....


I am soooooooooo freaking excited!!!


One of my favorite customers is trying to contract my truck into hauling 2 loads of their product from Glastonbury Connecticut into........


drum roll please...............................................


YEP, you guessed it..... Manhattan.


This will be a first for the Little Trucker. Piece O' Cake..... That is what I keep telling myself, after all, I love the CITY, but have never been into Manhattan with a BIG TRUCK.... A 53' . Better check on those restrictions BossMan!!


So quick, everyone, send me your video cameras!! I need to cover all the angles of everything so I don't miss a beat! This should be very entertaining....


3 comments:

Sally said...

So, are Manhattan roads that much different from other parts of NYC?

The Duck's Truckstop said...

Just nicer than the Bronx there Terry, trust me.
And you probably know, bridges in NY are always marked a foot under what they really are, but dont take my word, maybe i got lucky too often!

RD

Terry said...

Sally, it is just so over populated and soooo many more restrictions for big trucks! Including the length of trailer and what times you are allowed in town...Harder to manuever too I would imagine with all those crazy cab drivers!!

Mr Smokey, did you run Manhattan, too? I do know about the bridges, got lost once trying to avoid one that I would have cleared had I known better!! I got Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens experience.. Just ready for the next challenge :)