Feb 19, 2011

What Can I Say

Last week was full of it's ups and downs... What can I say? Such is life...


The week started with apprehension as there was a driver's meeting that was going to introduce a new policy that the company will be putting into place at some point this year. A policy that will inevitably change my life. Sure, change is good, but when that change is forced upon you without your consent, it is very frustrating.

But on the upside, at the meeting which I did not attend, it was also announced that our current Boss was leaving. Once I found this out, my truck seemed to pull better and run faster. Of course, it didn't, but I sailed through Sunday with a huge grin on my face. Most of the drivers are apprehensive that things are going to get worse, but it is my opinion that there is a 50/50 chance it could get better. My only real concern is the lack of professional mechanics, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, so how could it get any worse?

On the downside, I was once again pulling a springride trailer which literally beat me up. I was so sore and frustrated by the end of the week that my vocabulary was largely limited to 4 letter words, and " love" was not one of them. On top of the excruciating ride, the trailer had maintenance issues that have not been addressed. Big surprise there!! Nothing in the way of safety, but rather the simple fact that I could not slide my tandems. If this one issue had been eliminated, I could have smoothed out my ride significantly.

On the upside, I managed to discover a few new shortcuts on some wonderfully scenic two lanes, and that always lifts my spirits.

On the downside, the list is seemingly endless.. With all the personal frustrations I am going through right now, the physical abuse I am enduring in the truck just seems to magnify the fragility of my emotional state. Hopefully, as I work through all of this, I will come out on the other side on Cloud Nine.... I miss it up there.


3 comments:

John II said...

Well, in some cases, change is good. But be aware of what's going on at your company if issues or problems come up and seem a bit bias or ignored.
Since 2008, where I work, THREE bosses have come and gone; our current boss is all right, but needs to get motivated. What I had to watch out for were the employees who stoop so low they became "Company Kiss-Butts" or the G-rated version "Teacher's Pet".
Saty safe out there.

fatcaster said...

Best. Trucking. Blog. Ever.
Many thanks.
Fatcaster / million-miler

Terry said...

Thanks...fatcaster !!