Feb 3, 2011

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy...

But what about my trailer?


Last week, after finishing up my first route, I was offered the chance to earn a little extra. Actually, I have been earning a little extra every week since the 3 drivers were terminated. I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I am not accustomed to working 6 days a week. However, I just can't seem to say no. So after a quick route through the Carolinas, Virginia and Maryland, I hurried home to grab a load heading to our sister plant in Northern Indiana.

I was a little dismayed to find this trailer waiting for me! Ugh !!!!! Sure, everybody is looking a little grungy lately with all the winter storms, but this is just plain negligence. Looks like it has been sitting in a field for years.

The trip itself went well, I made the delivery on Thursday morning without any incidence of bad weather. I did here reports that on Wednesday morning, the very roads I was traveling on were slicker than owl snot, coated in ice and snow. But once again, I was
running just behind the weather. After making the drop , I then proceeded to Toledo to pick up.

Then next leg of the journey was very scenic, and I loved every mile of it. There is nothing like the solitude of a nice two lane, to keep your spirits high. It wasn't long before the winds picked up and the snow began its assault. But I managed to make it to Toledo and grab the ingots before conditions worsened. In fact, the snow stopped long enough for me to .... make it home. By the time I made hit Kentucky, all hell was breaking loose behind me. I spent the night in Georgetown with a 2-4in forecast for overnight showers. I awoke to find a mere dusting. I was told Jellico was a death trap, once again...nothing.

I should probably quit while I am ahead, I have been warned that Ol Man Winter is going to sneak up behind me and clobber me with a whopper of a snowstorm, but so far. Well, you get the idea! Now, where is that wood I should be knocking on?

4 comments:

Jeffro said...

Don't be knocking on your head lookin' for wood. It ain't there, and it hurts. Don't ask how I know this.

Flatdeck said...

A wittingly written article filled with tongue in cheek double entendres while including the usual interesting content. Bravo my young wordsmith!

Terry said...

How do you know this, Jeffro?

Thank you Flatdeck!! Once again, I am extremely appreciative of your gratuitous remark. Keep them coming, LOL!

John II said...

Happy trails and keep knocking on wood.