Feb 10, 2011

Another Fine Mess

If you have ever had the pleasure of being in the New York area during rush hour, you know that you are almost guaranteed to be getting no where fast. This is to be expected, and I always plan for the worst.


In fact, I get an enormous amount of pleasure listening to my fellow truckers complain about the delays and road conditions. Seriously... you are in New York and it is rush hour!! Last week, I got tickled listening to ever present "What is the holdup?" .

You ARE in NEW YORK..... and it is RUSH HOUR!!
Why is that so hard to comprehend? Another common complaint is the actual condition of the roads themselves. Sure, we all would love to have nice smooth roads to glide upon, but you are not going to ever get that in New York City.... So just be thankful that you are not actually moving fast enough to rip the front end out from underneath your truck.

This week, I made my last stop of the day on Long Island at 4pm. My next customer was in Southington, CT. I had 128 miles to drive and my route was one of the most heavily traveled Interstates in North America... during rush hour!!



Absolutely NO DELAYS!!






What were you expecting? From Long Island via 495, 295, 695, 95, Rt 8, to Interstate 84. I was expecting my 128 mile trek to take at least 3-4 hours. I was shocked to find not a single delay all the way to Darien, CT. There were a few slow downs in Norwalk and Bridgeport, but my entire trip time was less than 3 hrs...at rush hour, on one of the heaviest traveled Interstates in North America.

Have I ever mentioned that I love New York? Well, I kind of think she loves me too!!

No comments: