Apr 8, 2010

Whirlwind

What a crazy few weeks it has been since I last truly posted on here. I suppose the best way to get back on track, is to just jump right back in the middle of things. I keep thinking about the posts I have stored up mentally and the chronological order in which they should be published, but if I keep waiting for an opportune moment, they will all disappear into oblivion. So here goes...


I AM EXHAUSTED! Currently sitting in Milford, Ct, I am indulging in an afternoon of no obligations. Beginning on March 28th, I worked 12 consecutive days, which is completely unheard of for me. Normally, four days is all that is required of me per week.


In those 12 days, I drove approximately 5800 miles, which isn't much really. Only an average of 483 per day, but if you include the 25 deliveries I had to make in that time frame, you begin to see where I literally busted my hump. After returning to the yard last week, I picked up a rental truck and spent the next 2 days moving my household. I finished up just in time to grab a shower and jump back in the truck.


This is what is waiting for me upon my return!! What you cant see, is the 500 bazillion boxes waiting to be unpacked. I am thinking I should throw myself a housewarming party. All guests who unpack at least one box for me will get free lunch!! Another brilliant idea is to get rid of all my stuff....Ugh!! Keep the bare necessities and a few luxuries. You see, I hired a moving company to unload the truck for me. But due to their 2 hour late arrival, I unloaded a good portion by myself, knowing I had to go to work. As you can possibly imagine, I am quite sore.

So, therefore, I am quite content to be wasting my afternoon in this dusty ole parking lot. I am wore to a frazzle, and need to recuperate. Connecticut is as good a place as any!!




8 comments:

has7150 said...

makes me tired just reading this

John II said...

Yeah, a unpacking-the-boxes, housewarming party. I can imagine some guy opening a box and pulling out some "personal clothing" and saying, "Wow! look at these! Hey, Terry. Why don't you put these babies on and model them for me, huh?"

Terry said...

coocoo, I am still exhausted, but at least I am getting things put in there proper place. Hopefully in another week, I can sit back and relax!!

Um, yeah John II, maybe I should stick to an all female housewarming party!

Anonymous said...

I see the path way that you have made...lol

John II said...

Good idea with the "all female housewarming" party, Terry. "Cause then after evrybody is done putting your furniture, clothing, accessories and other stuff in its place, y'all be tired and then it'll become a slumber party.

doomytunes said...

Everyone now knows where JohnII's mind is at.

John II said...

HA!HA!HA!HA!
(She knows I'm playing.)

Rob W. said...

Two hours late? WTH? I hope you told them to turn their happy little buns around and high tail it back where they came from... Two hours late!
And I hope you sent an email to the VP of the company. Sorry I'm being all surley but this hits my where I live.