Apr 22, 2010

A Change of Pace

Just a little something different this week.


Loads are dispersed based on seniority here, and every week I sit with baited breathe to see if my beloved New England route is available. Actually, because there is only one other driver willing to take my run, it is not so much baited breathe...but rather, waiting to see if I need to put on the steel toe boots and do some shin kicking. When the Crane Trailer route lacks mileage/stops, my best bud AA will jump on the New England flight like a fat kid on a candy bar. That is what happened this week.

With only 5 deliveries and 1800 miles, it fell into my lap.

I love the fact that my job has many available facets to polish, and running the crane to me is like playing with big boy toys! So, I set out for 2 days of playtime.




Back at the ranch on Tuesday night means I will be looking for more work towards the end of the week, and as luck would have it, I am just about out the door to make a quick trip down to Medley, Florida. This is a regular drop and hook run, so that means no waiting!!

7 comments:

John II said...

Is this hard to run one of those cranes?

GoGo said...

Miss Fancy Pants with her folding-unloading-we-dont-need-no-forkift-crane.

AND a trip to FL. Lazy Bum!

doomytunes said...

I have never seen one of those kind of trailers before. That's cool.

Lynn said...

I never got to use one of those trailers while I was there, and glad I did not. Heard of too many drivers getting cut on the metal unloading with it.

Terry said...

John II, Nope..Got a remote control in one hand and a couple of canvas straps in the other...The only difficult thing about it would be that is moves slowly.

Aaron, Sadly, that is exactly the attitude I have when I pull in and the docks are full.."Yeah, I dont need no stinkin dock...Nanny nanny boo boo" Do I detect a small hint of jealousy, or a vision of what a fantastic video presentation you could have made if YOU had the crane.. That would be something to see with your creative genius!!

Steve, some of us actually do more than drive around and sit at the docks..LOL

Lynn, there is nothing to it. REALLY. The only injuries I have ever heard of were due to impatience. Sure, me and AA get a little banged up and I almost lost a toe (because of the new PLASTIC strapping) but as long as you take your time with it, very easy!!

Unknown said...

That's insane. Never seen that in my life I swear to god.

forestry trucks

Anonymous said...

how about an update