Apr 2, 2010

# 59

Are you a sports fan? If so which one

I am not what you would call a sports enthusiast, but there was a time when I would not miss a single broadcast of NASCAR. I have even been to several racing events, including Talladega, Atlanta, and Darlington. And let me tell you, there is nothing like trying to sit still while all that horsepower is raging around you.

As for team sports, I get pretty excited about college football, but not enough to follow the entire season and be able to quote stats and rankings...I love to sit down with friends and watch a game, but it is not my priority for the weekend. I will be one of the first to jump up and yell at the television, I think all sports are better when watched live, and I would just about attend any college football game, because of the electricity in the air. Being from Alabama, there is an underlying rule in college sports. You are either an Auburn Tiger fan, or you Roll with the Crimson Tide......Can I get a big WAR EAGLE !! Don't tell anyone, but I cheer for both teams, unless they are playing each other. In November, you can bet I have my blue and orange ready, but I was very proud that the Alabama Crimson Tide won the national championship last year. I think it was last year?!?

And for the record, one of my all time favorite movies is RUDY.

That is about it for me and sports, well, as for being a fan anyways.


Ask me anything

3 comments:

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

LT: You were right. Alabama won the National Championship last year in college football. And I'm with you, Rudy is my ALL time favorite football movie. BUT, My ALL TIME favorite Pro Football movie is the one that James Caan did about two Chicago Bears teammates an one ended up passing away due to his illness. The gentlemen played with Gayle Sayers. Name of the movie escapes me right now. But, you needed to have 3 boxes of kleenex while watching it. Its a real tear jerker.

John II said...

I think it was called "Brian's Song" but I'm guessing. (He dies of cancer.)