Jan 7, 2009

Where Was I At...

Oh yeah......back to 2008.


The year finished itself off, but not with the spirit of the Holidays. Instead, the final week at work was a largely frustrating...Lies, steeped atop more lies.... I had no heart to lay this stuff at your feet, dear reader, so I clearly opted out. Let me just say that my final day at work had me ready to tell everyone just where exactly I would like them to kiss me, and it had nothing to do with my smiling face.

Speaking of work, I spent several days during my vacation packing, loading, and hauling most of my personal possessions back to Alabama..Yep, you read that right. But I have not officially made the move. My lease is up at the end of January, so I will be living a somewhat restricted lifestyle out of a bag until then.  At that point, I will begin to commute back and forth until I am comfortable enough to make this transition more permanent.  You would think that this would be very easily accomplished, but I am having second, third, and even fourth thoughts about this decision.

And since we are discussing my erratic thought patterns.. I would just mention that I am one of those who becomes depressed at the Holidays. This has not always been the case. I have only  noticed it  in the more recent years, but combined with moving, making life changing decisions, suffering through deceptions and discontentment with work issues, living out of a suitcase, relocating myself closer to someone who abuses my good~heartedness, lack of Christmas Cheer, and no shoulder to rest my head upon.... I think I have done fairly well for myself. I have not gone crazy.....yet!

As for the New Year, I intend to accumulate more running mileage...That is it!  I make no promises to myself as to making grande resolutions. Just more running, staying fit!

Oh wait....how could I forget to mention this.....

I just spent a week at Walt Disney World......and, yes, I am anxious to get back to the peaceful solitude that is my home away from home, the sites and sounds of a bustling New York City. 

5 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

It was about time for a post! Thanks again for the special gift. I enjoyed the time we were together. Hope to see more of you in the future.
I hope that week without________ went well for you. I'm praying for you.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again, Lil Trucker. Sorry about the frustrations; they do make us stronger though... eventually... at some point... I'm told. Hang in there.
Have a happy adventurous year yourself!

Rick said...

I think you meant eager, not anxious.

Have a good time in NYC.

Terry said...

Well, Momma Bear, that may have added just a tiny bit of extra frustration to my week, but the trip was great...I know I did not post details, but I will get to that soon!!

HilmarKid, you may notice that I do an awful lot of grumbling on these pages. It is not my intention to present myself as disgruntled as I might appear. I actually led quite a charmed life, but this is my place to vent, and I find it very humorous, all the roadblocks that I stumble upon!

Yes Rick, I believe you are correct. I am eager indeed, and not looking forward to the next two days. Hopefully I will be heading NE by Saturday!! You should see this rathole we scurried out of so quickly. Want to come back and help clean?

Anonymous said...

well, good to see you back here again. sorry things are going badly for you. i have a great big shoulder you can lean on if you're ever up here in my neck of the woods. bracing for bad news up here myself. my company is starting to lay people off. it may get ugly. hope better times are ahead for you, Terry. Gary