Jan 17, 2009

The MRS......

Mis-communication

Mis-representation
Mis-understanding

I am feeling a tad bit guilty. I think I have been misconstruing my true feelings about my job and how I am being treated. While reading through your comments, it has come to my attention that many of you believe that I feel as if I am being mistreated and might possibly dislike my job!

On the contrary. I love my job! I love my route! I love many things about my plant! My boss is great! His assistant is awesome too! The only really issue that I find intolerable is the mechanics at this one particular location. The other sites have very nice and efficient mechanics who will do their best to take care of my needs. 

The complaints I have been making are not exclusive to me. We all have the same issues with loads, trailers, and truck problems.

I think my true intention with these whiny trucker posts is to illustrate what horrible luck I have! It seems every week, there is a little pitfall that I am forced to stumble though, and I find it to be very amusing. I cant seem to catch a break, but it is not weighing me down. I adjust rather well and am able to move on almost instantaneously.

But then again...some of this might actually be personalized. 

Just this week, I was having MORE troubles with my truck. I had a major loss of power while traveling over some very small hills and found myself racing through North Carolina and Virginia at a speed of 55 mph. I had one fuel filter changed last week, for this very reason. I was surprised to find the second filter was not replaced. This indicated that my loss of power was only temporary. 

So, on the way home, I stopped to have the second filter replaced. That is when it was discovered that the second filter had never been tightened. It was ready to fall off the motor. No wonder I had no power.  I took it in stride that because I have such a low opinion of my local mechanics that they just quite possibly might have forgotten to tighten it.  Genuinely just forgot. I would not be surprised. A fellow driver, knowing the issues I have with these mechanics, seems to think that this was an intentional lapse of memory....

I don't know what to think. They are quite good at forgetting simple things, but then again......Could it have been intentional...I have heard through the grapevine, that at one point, they were told I have this here blog to rant about my frustrations.  They do spend an awful lot of time not in the shop, so just maybe, they are current and up to date on  my postings. That would make sense, if the filter had purposely been left loose!  Jackasses....but then again, maybe they were legitimately just being lazy.....I still don't know what to think.

But if it was intentional, then NANNY NANNY BOO BOO.... I did not lose my filter and get stranded... Hardee Har Har!! So, a little message to you guys, if you are reading this...

I know you are not stupid enough to do anything to my truck that would risk my life or innocent motorists on the highways.. Right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure whether to LMAO or throw my chair through the wall. Guess I'll just tune in next time to see what dastardly deeds the messy mechanics pull on the Li'l Trucker next week!
Good luck to you!

Unknown said...

oops, have to add MIS-construe to the list-at least on my part, lol! I tend to get frustrated with everything if one part of anything is causing stress esp. if those concerns aren't being addressed the way they should be.

Gabby

CPD659 said...

Sounds like it's time to get the DOT involved. It is truely amazing what can happen when Johnny Law shows just a little presence!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, not to mention what kind of fines a little visit from the local DOT might produce. i would hope that the fact you are of the female persuasion has nothing to do with this, but, alas, this might be true. we have a female shop foeman at our portland yard, been with the company 8 years and in my opinion and that of many others, is one of the best people in our shop. but she is being laid off, because, she is a woman. of course, she can't prove that, but that is what we all feel. it's really too sad. i will give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but i'd crawl all over your truck a little more in the future.

Terry said...

Eric, back when I use to run local for the sawmill, I often would call in for back-up. LOL..On more than one occasion, I was conveniently inspected...somewhere near my home.

Gary, actually being of the female persuasion helps me out more than anything, but I have more than proven myself when it comes to doing the job. My personality doesnt hurt either. I think that most mechanics in general tend to believe that women do not know much about mechanical issues, and therefore tend to overlook our complaints.