Jan 24, 2009

New Year, New Routine ???

I have been a little frustrated this year as my normal routine has been altered for the first few weeks of the year.


I have become quite spoiled in the previous years with the knowledge that as soon as I was empty, I was heading home, stopping only to pick up damages that were being returned for credit. If there was room on the trailer, I usually made these pick-ups while I was already there delivering. This eliminated any need for back tracking, and allowed me to get home in a very rapid fashion.

This year.....it seems there are other forces at work  preventing my from achieving my set schedule.

Week One~ I was told on Monday that I would be remaining in Connecticut until Wednesday Afternoon to pick up a water pump for the powerplant. 

Week Two ~ I was told on Monday that I would be lingering once again to pick up some conduit for the powerplant. Wednesday Afternoon.

Week Three ~ I have been informed that I will be picking up on Thursday.

This doesn't sound so horrible unless you take into consideration that I am normally back at the ranch by Wednesday night, and after each of these pick-ups, I had at least 16 hours of driving left. 

I have been arriving home a full 24-36 hours later than I am accustomed to.  Oh yeah, and did I mention that instead of my route beginning in New Jersey, they have been loading North Carolina and Virginia stops on my trailer as well. Kind of makes it hard to get all my NYC drops off on Monday, if I am starting 6-8 hours south of the city on Monday morning. 

Time to readjust  !!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reason why is because of the economy, saves money fo the company and your the best for the job. They know they can count on you. tim

Love Bears All Things said...

What anonymous said makes sense. Maybe they are trying to economise. It couldn't be that they're just trying to mess with your plans for weekends.
Mama Bear

Terry said...

I agree, it has everything to do with the economy... They have even taken away our profit sharing this year. I am thankful I still have stable job, but it will take some adjusting to get used to the new delays.

Anonymous said...

well, see, i love my job...
heehee, couldn't resist. i think i told you that we are facing layoffs in our company right now. i used to speak up (not too loudly) when i didn't like something that was going on. now, i just bite my lip...

Terry said...

Sure...Gary, now is probably not the time to go raising a ruckus!!