Jun 21, 2008

Whiny Trucker Post

This is the first of many of those snotty nosed, swollen eyed posts....

Actually, I am more anxious and bitter with a lot of anger thrown in just to keep it well rounded.

I finished my first week in my neutered truck and the results are as follows:

7 days to complete my run, instead of 4.5

Fuel mileage is down .4 mpg (not the intended result)

A pay decrease due to more time in the truck.

7 back-ups encountered. (A fatality at the exit I needed, resulted in a 20 mile detour to get reloaded)(A pedestrian wearing black clothing was struck on the interstate at 4am, almost makes you wonder if he had a deathwish, because there was no disabled vehicle anywhere along that stretch of road)

Missed regular delivery appointments by 15-30 minutes resulting in having to spend the night, twice. These guys normally stay late to unload me, but I missed the extended deadline.

I also realized I cannot drive a straight line at the slower speed. I spent a lot of time trying to steer myself off of the rumble stripe.

Oh well, several of our trucks did indeed show a better fuel economy, so I will just have to get use to it. Too bad we all don't run in the mountains, which is the reason my fuel rating went down. The truck struggles harder at the slower speed to get up those hills.

Hmmm, okay, I guess I am finished venting for now....

No comments: