Jun 14, 2008

Very Superstitious


How about you? Are you superstitious?


Yesterday was Friday the 13th, and as a child I was in constant fear of Jason or Freddie sneaking into my bedroom late at night and killing me. Since then, I have grown up a bit and don't put quite as much thought into the subject.


I will admit, as a trucker, that some pretty freaky stuff happens along those mighty concrete slabs during this date. Usually it is just some kids throwing stuff off of overpasses. But my superstitious miiiiiiinnnnndddddd (and I don't care) never seems to go into overdrive anymore.


In fact, just today, my Father reminded me that yesterday was indeed Friday the 13th.


and with that being said....


Upon recollection, it was an unlucky day for me.


My truck was turned down to 62mph, top speed.... (coincidence, that it happened on the 13th) I think not!!


Also, I put in my request for a transfer, and the outlook is grim. My Boss took it all in stride, but the location I am hoping to transfer to does not see any openings in the immediate future. This stresses me out quite a bit. How does one manage finding a home, while waiting on a position to open and trying to avoid renewing a lease on the current residence.... Come On!! I promised my niece I would be moving in October, and this is one promise I NEED to avoid breaking. Not that I break promises. No! She is just very anxious to have me in a local proximity, as I am myself.


So, how about you? Anything thing happen to you to fuel the frenzy that belongs to Friday the 13th?



1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

It did occur to me that I was traveling on that date and spending time with the extended family but it all turned out alright. My sister was sober,mostly for our lunch date and didn't embarass me too badly. All in all just an ordinary day.
Mama Bear