Jun 5, 2008

Enough Already

I am soooooooo mad, I can hardly contain myself....

I mentioned I was having CB radio problems on this post..... Check out #3 on the list. So this has been going on since the beginning of April.....

I went to retrieve my radio yesterday and with much fear and trepidation, I entered the shop. Normally these guys are typically friendly by nature. Yesterday, they did not have more than a few words to say to me. I have not misbehaved with them either. Even though I want to slap them around and curse them out for being such stooooopid jerks about the whole thing.

It took 6 weeks for my radio to be shipped and "repaired". Two weeks was the estimated time frame given......

Repaired??? The professional technician could not find anything wrong with it.

So as a quick recap, here is what I am left with.

A radio that only needed minor adjusting..... Now it won't modulate without a screeching noise heard off in the distance, the meter no longer works, the talk-back no longer works, I can only be heard about a mile( as opposed to the 6-7 mile range I was accustomed to). It took a total of 10 weeks to "repair", and I am in worse shape than when I started...

When a very disgruntled ME proceeded to leave, the tech reminded me of all the free goodies I had initially received.... Well, the installer twisted up the coil on the antenna and spilt glue all over my steps, not to mention, when he checked the SWR' reading, he never actually hooked up the meter.... I am out over $200, so just how FREE where all the extra goodies. Especially since, the goodies actually hurt me in the long wrong. For example, he removed my heavy duty mic cord and replaced it with a smaller version, which will have to be replaced when the soldered joints break, due to it being smaller.. I did not ask for this!!

He also told me that the reason my radio no longer works properly is because of the high frequency range I speak in.... First things first, I do not have a high pitch voice, so he
is telling me that my radio does not like girls??

Anyways, I am just so stinkin mad, I cannot even compose a decent post about it!! My thoughts are scattered and fueled with rage.

10 weeks, $200, and a broken radio...............

I am so sorry that I did not want to date you ( Did I mention that part?) He wanted me to travel 2.5 hours on the weekends to hang out with an extremely obese man who has emotional issues... I explained from the beginning that I wanted a radio repair and nothing else. I was more than happy to pay for it, with cash!! He did give me an antenna set-up for free which worked great until the installer messed with it....yesterday.... The installer is his son!!

I did pay, dearly!!

When I returned home, I purchased a used radio from another driver....My problems are solved! And no, I will not be buying that $400 radio you were trying to sell me because mine does not work properly anymore.... Jackass, the reason it wont work is because of YOU!!!

This , my friends, is why I have not been to a radio shop in over 7 years.... the last time was not nearly so detrimental to me. But this was the third time a tech saw nothing but boobs and screwed up my radio. I hear he really is an awesome tech.....I believe it, too. I just think he was unprofessional with me and had a grudge against my radio because I would not date him.... Oh, one final thought.

I agreed to pay the freight charges to have my radio shipped to PA.... I was charged shipping for FOUR radios to be shipped.... I only noticed this after I had left, because he did give me the receipt for shipping, with the other radios listed..... I sincerely believe this was an intentional jab, you know to let me know he was indeed screwing with me.....

ASSHOLE!!!!!!!

5 comments:

AtHomeDaddy said...

So let me get this straight...

You didn't let your brother break your radio for free? Surely he could have done that for you.

Terry said...

Thanks iMike... Hindsight is 20/20. I am sure he would have had more fun doing it, too!!

Unknown said...

ugh. ugh. ugh. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am being married. As soon as they figure out I'm not available guys usually back off (at least the vast majority of the time). I'll still run into the occasional jerk that's all like but we won't tell anyone. Yeah, right. Still not going to happen.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I'm sure you have this happen all the time too. What about the guys that start to pass you, figure out there's a real live woman in the truck, and decide to stay off your side staring. Or pass you and then immediately slow down trying to get you to pass them back so they can hold you out there in fast lane so they can again stare. Major peeve of mine. I'll try to find a ramp to get away from 'em but that's not always possible so way too many times I'm out there following some idiot at 50 MPH on the interstate just because he has no concept of how to properly interact with the opposite sex.

Terry said...

Gabrielle, don't ya just love Truck Driving Men... Ha Boys are sooo silly. I have had that same expereience too many times to count, but I really get tickled when they drive onto the edge of the roadway while staring at me. I told a fellow driver how I get "harassed" and he did not believe me. So then he follows me one day and was surprised to see these guys driving in my lane with me, while trying to get a better look. Damn, ain't ya ever seen a woman before? Oh, the stories I could tell. ...