Jul 21, 2010

The Ending Of An Era

You may or may not be aware that in the past 3 years , I have been almost at my wits end with this series of Volvo trucks provided for us by the Company.


The first truck, Maggie, had an exhaust leak that I endured for nearly two years. It was never found, and was presumed to be a result of my sensitive snout. After becoming disoriented not once, but twice, I finally convinced the shop to issue me an alternate truck...

That is where Frankentruck entered the picture. I was ecstatic to claim him, but it did not take long to realize I had just swapped one problem for many more. The first being a suspension issue. The second being a mildew issue which caused me to be sick for nearly a year and a half. And amongst other smaller concerns, the third major issue was the discomfort my body was subjected to by the driver's seat. Numb legs were the first symptoms, but it quickly escalated to sever joint pain in both my knee and hips, plus a constant inflamed sciatic nerve. Needless to say, I have not been a happy camper for much of the past 3 years, but I have persevered.

Well, it is time to say goodbye to Ol Frankentruck. I just cant deal with him anymore. After driving 3 different trucks in one week and discovering that ONLY mine rode rough, only mine caused physical discomfort, only mine created instantaneous congestion...I decided to give him up. The mechanics AND the corporate monkeys are all fairly positive that all my problems are a figment of my imagination... I suppose I am only highly imaginative in my own truck, as the other two had none of the same problems.

...but I digress. This is not a post about the inadequacies and failures of my Stooges.

This is an Announcement Post !!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you....

SEABISCUIT



Looks just like Maggie or Frankentruck, doesn't he? I have named him based on the fact that he is a little truck with a big heart. He pulls fairly well, doesn't struggle too much and gallops in near perfect rhythm...Not too mention, his saddle is a good fit for me. But he is a little beat up !!




I really hate to drive a piece of equipment that has damages, but I think that physical comfort is more important, so I will embrace him for the little truck he is, scars and all !!

9 comments:

Todays Walk said...

All Seabiscuit needs now is a few roses. A drivers need a good seat, good for you for finally getting one with a good seat. The stooges don't drive them like the drivers do, so everything is silly to them. All I saw on the pic was a scuff on the tank, was there something more.

Glad to hear you have new wheels under you.

Terry said...

Lets see, the bumper is cracked. The picture of the tank, if you look under the word DEDICATED there is supposed to be a 6in skirt that hangs down but it is completely broken off (about 3 feet) There are also scratches on both sides of the front end (on the fenders) and some damage above the drivers door where something was hit....He aint so pretty, but he has heart :-)

Jeffro said...

Every piece of equipment has a soul - some are good, and some are - well, not so good!

Amperebear said...

Hi Terry. as long Seabiscuit drives much more comftable such as Frankentruck did don`t worry about. at least it`s just a job but you have to take care of yourself.
congrats to the new truck.

John II said...

Well, let's see if Seabiscuit gives you the enjoyment of driving instead of Ol' Frankie and Miss Maggie have given you the past few years.

Rick said...

Hello Seabiscuit!

Lynn said...

Good luck with the new truck. My truck also leaked exhaust for three years. Hopefully none of us that drove those things have problems later on down the line.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Seabiscuit!!!!

Just think of the damage as battle wounds...gives him a little character.

Terry said...

Jeffro.. and some are nightmares!!

Axel, I am one of those folks who wants everything to be right, that is why I stuck with Frankentruck for soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. Glad I finally decided to give up on him.

Lynn, I thought I was getting your old truck..I panicked!! Turns out I got Jeremy's. And you should see the write-ups I have planned :-)

Tedybehr, he looks like he has been rode hard and put up wet, so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt ;-)