Nov 2, 2009

Just The Right Moment

Whoops, There I am in the left lane , yet again!!


8:30 AM
Who says NYC traffic is horrible?

It was just another day making my way into New York, but it turned out to be my lucky day. Normally, while traveling through this section of the Country, I have my radio tuned to AM. I figure since I know some really good shortcuts and 'go-rounds', I figure I just might need to know if I need to use them. With real time local traffic reports every 10 minutes, this usually spares me some unnecessary delays. Of course, as an added bonus, I get the scoop on all the major events happening in NYC. Today there was a major event.

There is nothing like the view of the George Washington Bridge displaying Old Glory. This signifies a celebration of Nation, of Pride, Of the People. And the sight always gives me a feeling of warmth.

Today's tribute.....The arrival of the USS New York. The construction of this vessel includes the use of more than 7 tons of steel from the Towers that fell on 9/11. Upon arrival, the voyage halted in front of the site of those attacks and paid tribute to all who were lost. It then continued north on the Hudson towards the GWB, before turning back to the port. And guess where I was when it was making its way to the GWB.... I was on the Bridge.


Just another reason I love running this route. The opportunities that arise !! There was a very limited window of opportunity to actually be on the bridge and see her sitting in the foreground of her namesake.


I only wish I had a better camera.

5 comments:

John II said...

Nice picture of the vessel. Did it mention if it was a battleship or a cruiser?

Terry said...

Hmmmm, A warship, so I would assume that means battle..Click on the link to read up on it...

Indy said...

I wish you did too, because you have this amazing capacity to just KNOW what is a great shot!

I have an expensive camera and the shots I take are dreadfully mundane

Terry said...

Thanks Indy, I am planning on purchasing a new one very soon, maybe for Christmas. I am just not too good at researching..LOL

Indy said...

Ummmmmmm Hubcap????? I have a little tip for you.


Sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh .... don't tell anyone, though, will ya? Keep it a big secret between say, you, me and the 10,000 readers that you have. Okay?


I cannot imagine anything you wouldn't be good at! To me you're just the complete package .... now don'tcha be getting all swelled headed or anything, but!

LOL