Jun 8, 2009

Dont Try This At Home

or anywhere for that matter.


What I am about to tell you is so ridiculously funny and embarrassing, but I thought it was too good to not pass along.

Last night, I decided to go running after I arrived at my destination. It was a tad bit late, and although I did not leave the immediate vicinity, I still took precautions to ensure a reasonable amount of safety. I carry certain items with me, in case of emergency type items. This includes my phone, and some sort of weapon. Sure, if I was to be attacked I might not do much damage to a big hulking man, but I do want to do some damage.

After finishing my run and cleaning up, I retrieved the weapons and was going to stow them away.

The safety latch was off.

I accidentally hit the trigger.























and shot a mist of pepper spray into the cab of my truck. Although I did not spray myself directly, the mist almost instantaneously took affect. I shut my eyes the instant I realized what I had done, thankfully!! My nasal passages and mouth were not so lucky. My mouth started to burn and my sinuses went numb and began to flow like a water tap. I made a not so successful dive for the drivers side window to allow fresh air into the truck, but managed to stumble over the gear shifter and almost do a face plant in the steering wheel. The only thing I could even remotely compare it to would be eating a spoonful of Wasabi in one bite. I have had a lot of wasabi, and this was more painful than the largest dosage of the good stuff that I have ever been brave enough to swallow.

I did get the windows down and turned the ac fans on full blast to try and extricate any remaining fumes. It was only a tiny blast and cleared out quickly, but I had a sack full of snotty rags from trying to stop the nasal drainage. My eyes were never affected as I stumbled about blindly, and I suppose that was the funniest part, or maybe it was me hanging my head as far out of the window as humanly possible, reminiscent of a dog going for a joy ride with his tongue lashing about.

Unless you take into consideration that I did this to myself!! Yep, that is pretty darn funny too!!

12 comments:

John said...

You now owe me some new shorts since you just made me wet myself laughing. Too Too Funny!

Indy said...

That is bloody dead set hilarious! Girl ....... lucky I was stopped when I read this otherwise I might have had a crash.

Hang on, I am ALWAYS stopped when I go on the internet - but I still bloody near crashed - out of the bunk!

:-)

dgfiskemt said...

ROTF LMAO

Don't mess with the Lil' Trucker; even if you are the Lil' Trucker!!!

The Wondering Brit said...

I couldn't have been worse if you'd then sat on a taser!
LOL

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard Terry. This is a Three Stooges Material.

Anonymous said...

This post brings new meaning to the phrase, "My Own Worst Enemy". lol

I can say I know what it felt like for you. I had the "pleasure" (NOT) of going through gas mask training where to build confidence, while wearing your gas mask, they make you go into a room full of tear gas. After a minute or so, they make you take it off. I was sure that had to be my brains leaking out my nose.

Unknown said...

I'm not laughing, really I'm not. Just kind of giggling a little ;-)

I've always been slightly leery of the safety latch on mine, it does have a tendency to work itself loose.

Terry said...

Sorry John, but you should already know the risks... Hmmm, okay, go ahead and put this one on my tab! But be better prepared in the future!

Indy, Might I suggest usage of the sealbelt in the future!!

HilmarKid, point taken. You should hear the arguments I have with myself, yet somehow, I always win!!

TWB, ummmm, I have been tagged by a cattle prod before! Thankfully it was not loaded, however it had not been fully discharged either. YIKES

Thanks for reading Yankmutt. Now I will be humming the Stooges tune, wait I do that already on any given day!! Got to laugh at yourself and some of my misadventures are so worth sharing!!

Trucking Tedybehr....LOL...how TRUE!!

Go on Gabby, let loose!! This is funny stuff. I laughed about it while it was happening. Okay, maybe not immediately. My first reaction was concern as to what tall tale I was going to give the boss for being stranded in NYC and unable to drive!

Keith said...

Terry,

We use sudecon wipes to neutralize pepper spray in EMS land :)

Go to foxlabs.com before you have your next polish moment and buy a box :) Glad to see the fireguys opened up the road for ya.

Keith

Gary said...

cell phone-$80
safety whistle-$5
pepper spray-$20
forgetting to set the safety on your pepper spray-priceless
LMAO!

Terry said...

Keith.....sudecon...check! Lets hope I do not have a repeat offense!!

Gary, STOP LAUGHING AT ME!!

John II said...

Terry, remember I told you about the incident with the fire extinguisher? Yup, did it again! :O Only this time it was a high-pressure one with the soapy water and foam mix. (The pin broke while I was putting it back in the truck bed) Just a graze to the left shoulder. No worries, I'll live.