Oct 23, 2007

Punk'd

Last Thursday, while visiting the Bro and his Family I received a text message.

"Come and Save Me"

It was Bama Boy... Or as I shall dub him...... Superman. (Yes, there is a story behind that, but it is not mine to tell)

So a few minutes later Superman calls and begs me to come out and play. You see, he is sitting at a local bar with some friends and a local barfly has attached herself to his side. Superman is a very sociable type and does not like to be mean. He has given subtle hints and not so subtle hints that she is NOT going home with him, no matter how much cleavage she is showing. She won't take the hint.

"Come and Save ME"

After receiving directions, I head out. Superman calls again. This time he has a game he wants to play. He proceeds to explain the scenario.

" You come in and sit on the opposite side of the bar. Take your time and seduce me with your eyes, I will be drawn to you and surely she will get the idea, that I am not interested in her because apparently she can take no other hints, other than me walking away!"

Okay, I agree to play...... but not according to his terms.

Just before I enter the bar, I sent Superman a text saying that I have NEVER picked a man up in a bar, and that I was not going to start now. " Your on your own, Tiger" hee hee hee

I do as I was told. I sit opposite of his little entourage. I make eye contact with everyone. Everyone makes eye contact with me. A drink is sent over from a complete stranger and another takes a seat beside me. Just then Superman receives my text. He barely manages to stifle a laugh and looks at me with that very playful "oh, so you want play that way" look.

As, I am chatting up a few of the locals, I notice a slight commotion over at Supermans Group. A few laughs... An " I dare You" and so forth. Then he saunters over my way. As he sits down, he eyes are shining and he explains that he was just told that he did not stand a chance with me. His friends had noticed me instantly and made the comment. " She's Cute", as he chides in to agree, the drunk chic is getting a little upset because she is not the center of attention anymore. So with a touch of sarcasm, she makes the fatal bet. " Five Bucks says you can't get her number"

We continue to play strangers for the allotted amount of time stated in the bet. As time is counting down, he whispers "Kiss Me" when she calls time..... I did, he did...... There were shouts and clapping...... There was a visibly upset drunk chic leaving the bar.... and then there were introductions all around.

No one knew.... I mean NO ONE knew that I had already met Superman..... No one knew that we had been talking for a while.....No one knew that we were not complete strangers...

It took me a day or two to realize what exactly had just happened...

During one of conversations, I had mentioned that I would love to play a prank on a group of people, say for instance " The Diner Scene" from When A Man Loves a Woman, with Meg Ryan and Andy Garcia.

I had just about forgotten that I have ever mentioned it, when it dawned on me that....... Superman had just made that happen!!! He is very attentive to things I say, and I will clue you in on more activities......

Ughhhhh....... Time to make the donuts...........

4 comments:

maddie said...

okay, now i want to know why he is called superman...

*~*Cece*~* said...

That was awesome!

Love Bears All Things said...

Wow, yeah, I remember that scene. Sounds like you had fun in Alabam. Is Superman Bach #2?
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Well, Mama Bear.... I have decided not to trivialize (is that a word) my association with Superman... No more counting Bachelors and no more online dating... This guy is very special and I have extremely high hopes for the future....So, NO.. he will be affectionately referred to as Superman!!