Sep 25, 2009

The Scenic Route


or my new favorite road...


Last week during my trip through Massachusetts, a new location was added to my regulars. Well, it is not necessarily new, but I have only been there one time before and that was during the blizzard-like conditions of 07-08. (I think that is correct, when the New York Upstate was covered 10-12 feet of snowy goodness.) Needless to say, the location was unfamiliar to me. On the previous excursion to North Adams, Mass, I was advised to NOT take Route 2 because of the weather conditions. This trip, however, it is just the beginning of Autumn and the road beckoned to me. I was heading back to New Hampshire, and this was the most direct route back east. Besides , I can never resist a good scenic route.

Without further ado, I will present my findings. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did first hand!!


The customer! Nice little out of the way place!

Route 2 following the river through the Mohawk Trail State Forest.


Lots of curve and twists!!



...A view from the top, if you look closely, you just may see a Moose!!



And finally, the first telltale signs that Mother Nature is ready to strut her stuff!!



4 comments:

doomytunes said...

The satelite radio trucker station just had a show where one can call in about favorite fall scenery drives. Still trying to get the vids shot. I did finally got my new one up on my blog.Hope all is well.

John II said...

Hi Terry. Nice scenery in the photos. It's crazy you HAD to deliever to a customer a load with these instructions, "Just turn off the paved road and come on down a quite awhile. You can't miss it." You ever seen those movies 'Wrong Turn, The Hills Have Eyes 1 & 2, Children Of The Corn, Delieverance'? Every time somebody gets off the main highway and onto a dirt road or trail, something bound to happen and it's usually bad. :D
Take care out there.

simstick said...

Not a fun drive loaded but did you see a stretch on the middle to east side of the state that went through a swampy looking area and there are a lot of eagle nests in the top of the trees. One of my memorable scenery moments. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing the pics.