Sep 19, 2008

Week In Review

Thankfully, the chaotic behavior of motorists I have been witnessing recently has subsided. How ever, the gravitational pull of the full moon continued to invade my personal space.

After having run somewhat locally the past few weeks, I was happy to get back to New England. The drive seemed longer than it use to be, but everyone was happy to see me.

Monday night, I was resting up in the bewitching town of Salem, Massachusetts with the Full Moon gazing down upon me ever so intently. This customer is located near the harbor and the view is exceptional. That night, while tucked away safely in my sleeper, not only did my refrigerator stop working (losing about $25.00 worth of food), but my CB also decided to take a dive. And here I thought I was all safe and secure, avoiding the pull of the moon!

Not only that, but I lost my cell phone! With all my numbers in it! I do not have a single number written down anywhere, and due to the convenience of modern technology, I have not taken the time to memorize any of them either. To top it off, the battery was dead, so I couldn't call myself to pinpoint its location. Okay, lost is not such a good choice of wording. Misplaced is better, because the phone was within 5 feet of me at all times. I searched everywhere umpteen dozen times, and not until I got home and decided to wash my truck bedding, did I find that little bugger nestled up inside my pillow ??

In other news..... I did manage to get some running in this week. My knees have been aching something terrible for the past few months, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Maybe, it is a lack of running, being too sedentary? I just decided to overlook it and trudge along anyway. And I am so glad that I did. I remember now, why it is that I enjoy a nice brisk jog with the wind in my face. Because it cleanses the mind!!!!

Not much else to report. Maybe something exciting while drop out of the sky....

5 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

You were lucky you didn't shake the bedding out and send it flying!

Unknown said...

I'm with you on not knowing or having the numbers written down that are in my phone's memory. Shoot, it was nearly a year before I could remember my own number, had to scroll through the phone menu everytime I needed to give it out. Don't know how I lived without a cell phone now, LOL!

Kathy said...

Glad to hear your week went better than the previous week. After mis-placing or loosing my phone twice I now have all my numbers written down. Apparently the last time I lost my phone I actually threw it away in the trash. I must have bent over and it fell in the trash that I immediately took out to the dumpster and before I realized it was missing the trash man came and took our trash away. I often wonder what that man on the back of the trash truck thought when he heard my phone ringing when I was calling my phone trying to locate it. Glad you found your phone.

Terry said...

Cath, I actually thought I had thrown it out with my Truck Trash when jumping out of the Truck at the end of the week.

Gabrielle, mine is about the only one I know.All my New England numbers are stored in that thing, which would definitely be a loss, because then I wouldn't be able to call in those special favors (all cell numbers, so they are not on file at the office).

Hey Kathy, I thought I threw mine in the trash 240 miles from home.. whewwwww!! Something about the full moon and halloween always seem to make traffic a little crazy, glad that's over for now!!

John said...

I've had that panicky feeling as well. My phone has over 300 contacts in it, some with multiple numbers. I don't know who your carrier is but Verizon has something called the Bacup Assistant. It's free under most plans and it backs up all your numbers to their website. Then if you lose your phone or get a new one, you can just download all the new numbers. It worked great when my wifes crapped out on her. I don't know if any other carriers have something similar though.

Hope your having a better week.

But wasn't it a pretty moon?