Nov 24, 2011

Organized Crime...

Try living in a daycab for weeks at a time...

Okay, so I do get the luxury on staying in a motel every night, which helps tremendously, since I am away from home for extended periods of time. No more of the 4 day work weeks for me!! But trying to cram your life into the floor space of the passenger side of a vehicle, and it can be trying to say the least.






At first glance, DISARRAY!!

But there is a method to my madness. Along the bottom, I have containers holding tools, gloves, truck supplies and underwear... These containers keep the heat from coming through the floorboard and ruining any food items and toiletries that I have precariously placed in another location. Boots and rain gear are crammed into the footwell area under the dash. There is one bag for clean clothes and another for the dirty garments. Laptop rests on top, along with a few edible staples in the green bag to ensure that I do not starve. Not seen in this photo is the shower bag and beverages that occupy the area surrounding the shifter...
In the next photo, you will notice my handy dandy plastic gun rack, which I purchased to hold my height stick.

This rack also holds ball caps, purses, food items, more rain gear, jumper cables.. The list gets pretty long. Other items are tucked into just about every nook and cranny. Truthfully, while driving down the road, I have on more than one occasion, glanced over and felt a little uneasy. While everything seems to fit into it's place, I would be confident in saying that IF the truck ever rolled over, I AM GOING TO GET HURT!!  (by my own personal belongings)

Oh well, at least it fits! Although,  I am still trying to figure out how to remove even more clutter...

7 comments:

Jeffro said...

Those denim over the seatback and down the front covers with all the pockets are pretty handy, too.

Terry said...

No passenger seat and the driver seat scoots forward just enough to get the height stick from behind it. I also have a hydraulic repair kit, more tools, tie down bars, PB Blaster and other assorted goodies behind the driver seat. HAHA!! Gotta love. I feel that I have too much, but I am FEMALE :) I always overpack.

Love Bears All Things said...

Hi, Terry
I enjoyed seeing inside your truck...
Blessings,
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Does the truck have an extra toolbox on either side to accomidate your personal gear and luggage?

Terry said...

The truck has no tool boxes period, much less an extra one. There are two storage compartments on the trailer with an 8"x8" opening. Pretty much only good for extra straps or grease. No, it all has to fit inside somewhere.

Shadow said...

What no monster java hiding anywhere?

Terry said...

Like Monster Java would last more than 30 minutes in my clutches. There are usually 2 tucked in somewhere.... :)