Oct 30, 2011

You Ain't Gonna Believe This....


A Trucker Tale

Today, I traveled through the Gorge.

I was surprised to find that several cars actually moved left to let me pass, as the left lane is restricted No Trucks. The speed limit is also restricted to 50mph. I made the entire trek without ever running up behind that long freight train of white knuckled steering wheel holders. That almost NEVER happens on this 20+ mile journey of twists and turns. In fact, this is the first time I have made it all the way through without having to slow down. Well, there was that one fourwheeler.


If you look closely, you will notice South Carolina tags!! I swear those people are out to get me. And off in the distance, Ivan the Car-hauler!!

Once again, I document this because is NEVER happens !!

6 comments:

BTJ said...

I can count on one... finger? how many times i've been through the gorge with out being held up. There was one of those SC drivers in Paris IL today, and they were staying true to form. :)

Jeffro said...

I've gotta admit not being familiar with the Gorge. What stretch of road is it?

Shadow said...

I see your nemesis has struck again should have been wearing your anti SC shirt and try waving with all five fingers.

Terry said...

Ohh Jeffro!! You may remember (or not). "The Gorge" is a stretch of Interstate 40 at the TN/NC borders. Most recently known for it's rock slides, shutting the interstate down for months and months and months!!

Jeffro said...

Ahhh, it all comes back to me now. I've only been in that area once on a trip to Lillington, NC - south of Raleigh. We took I40 in except we were detoured around the area by taking I81 and US23. Reason? We heard it was closed for a rock slide.

Going back, my compadre and I went north of Winston-Salem to Charleston then on over to Louisville. Then it's a hop to St. Louis to catch I70 and haul ass for home.

BBCH said...

Ivan - Part of the "Elite Fleet"....... NOT