Mar 19, 2011

Cruisin'

What is even better than having your day finish off back on track after all hope is lost?


That would be Day Two. Tuesday's deliveries had me beating a trail through Philadelphia, New Jersey and New York. I realize that this probably seems to be a much repetitive post, but with all the complaining I hear over the traffic and whatnot in these areas, I kind of feel obligated to enlighten you splendid readers that such is not the case. At least not for me.

Wide open to The George Washington Bridge



Westbound ~ Long Island Expressway heading
towards the Queen Midtown Tunnel.



Major Deegan Expressway
Heading back to GWB.



Crossing the Hudson one more time.

Total time in New York was 3.5 hours. With 3 stops in Queens and another well out on the Island, I would say I made very good time indeed. But then again, I have been heard boastfully stating that this IS MY CITY. I have also been told that I exude the New York Attitude. I am not too sure about all that. My stop out on Long Island was at the same customer where the Jersey Girl insisted that I had hit her car. I was anticipating a nasty reprisal. Thankfully she was not at work that day, but the boss did make me aware of the fact that this lady wanted to inflict bodily harm to me.. Yikes!! I think the term he used was "beat my ass"! Needless to say, it will be a long time before I head back into this customer without a sense of fear and trepidation simply because, being in a company truck, I have to maintain a demeanor that is respectful to my employer.

Parked at the truck stop by 3:00pm. I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon off duty, with only 7 miles to drive to Wednesday's first customer. Another fabulous day in my fabulous life...



...in My FABULOUS CITY

3 comments:

John said...

Thumbs up!

simstick said...

Spring breaks are starting this past week. Traffic in Houston has been light in the morning and a nightmare on certain routes after 12:00 noon.

Terry said...

simstick , Not looking forward to THAT at all. The cities are not too bad, but the roads from point A to point B tend to be a nightmare. And even worse, summer vacations start in just a few months where all Interstates are over crowded for 2-3 months with inexperienced travelers.. YAY!!