Jan 18, 2011

Brake Check

It absolutely astounds me how many times I can mention a certain maintenance issue before it is addressed.

Yeah, its the same old song and dance! I have suggested having my brakes replaced several times in the past because the adjustments are not really helping. This week, I almost ran through the gate, because the tractor didnt want to stop.

After delivering my load, I was told to head to Toledo to pick up 45k. I was already anxious enough with previous mechanical neglect, so I begged off the load. Of course, that didn't work, but... I did get permission to have the brakes replaced before picking up the load. So, here I sit in Carlisle, Pa, getting new brakes.

And I can feel the anxiety melting away!! Woohoo, real certified mechanics !!

Oh yeah, and BRAKES .

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

4 comments:

Jeffro said...

Now yer thinking! Get your stuff fixed away from the brilliant and diligent replacement artists at your home terminal, so maybe it will actually get fixed at all.

John II said...

I'm glad your getting your rig serviced. My truck and trailer just went into the shop today after being FOUR MONTHS OVERDUED for PM service. It should be ready by Monday or Tuesday.

Terry said...

I am thinking I should spend all my repair time in shops out of state.. This repair didnt take too long and I have no anxiety about the quality of service... Did I mention... I GOT BRAKES !!! LOL

Lynn said...

I have gotten use to good service now that I own my own truck, and can go where I want. Only had one bad one, and that was a three wheel alignment. After I got it, my tires sgtarted wearing kind of weird.