Oct 13, 2010

SURPRISE

I have seen a lot during the course of my driving career. But just when you think you have seen it all, someone will surprise you.

Yesterday it was a fella in a Jeep. He seemed impatient to get through the hordes of slower traffic. He came around me and was blocked by 7 vehicles spread out in 2 lanes. Rather than flash his lights, blow his horn, or tailgate...he did not even hesitate as he straddled both lanes and passed all 7 vehicles while riding down the zipper.

I have seen this done with motorcycles, but never in a car. White knuckle moment for sure because I just knew he was gonna hit one of them, but he never flinched. Of course, all the other cars slowed down, putting me even further behind...lol

Ugh, My urge to head west is getting stronger !!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never seen a car attempt that yet. You just never know what other drivers are going to do. I've seen my share of "stupidity moments" and it continues to amaze me that these people haven't 'thinned the heard' yet.

Terry said...

I was very surprised! That was a first for me, too!

John II said...

One time I was driving a Sterling dump truck and tag-a-long trailer hauling a front endloader and I passing a Petebilt and reefer trailer. As the both of us got side by side, I saw from the passenger side mirror a yellow Ducati motorcycle hauling ass. That dude split us down the middle doing 100mph. (The Pete was doing 60, I was doing 65) Try to imagine this guy accidently scraping one of us and he'd be roadkill.

Todays Walk said...

WOW, what is going on with everyone these days. It's really sad that so many people are so engrossed in themselves to a point where everyone in front of them is in the way. I was harassed on sunday by some jerk who has no respect for the laws. He went so far as to throw something at my car, it was scary! He just came out of no where and came close to running me off the road for no real reason. The guy in the jeep must have been high on something. Did anyone get his info and call him in, or is it even worth the time to call the cop on these jerks? I called the cops on my guy and I hope they find him soon.

Unknown said...

I was stuck behind a very slow moving farm truck piled high with hay on some very curvy mountain roads in SW Virginia a couple of weekends ago. There were one or two cars in front of me and 3 motorcycles behind. After a couple of miles of going really slowly, the yahoos on the bikes decided to pass everyone all at once. One passed on the left, going into a curve over double yellow lines, and the other two “played it safe” by passing on the right, on the shoulder!