Oct 2, 2010

My Favorite Loads...

I have been doing a little computer clean up recently and stumbled upon these pictures. I got a great big laugh out of all the creative ways that my load has been arranged. I know in the past that several of you think I should be able to get better load structure, but that is just not possible. I am out on the road delivering when the next trailer is being loaded, so the only thing that is in my control is how tightly the load is secured. Sometimes, there is just no hope! Since I have been working here for nearly a decade, I am accustomed to the misadventures and they rarely get me down, but sometimes they do absolutely blow my mind.

Therefore I present to you....

My Favorite Loads











It is not as bad as it looks...Okay, may be it is. But it is all part of the job and with some blood sweat and tears, I am usually able to get all material unloaded safely. For more load entertainment be sure to watch my video... Its All Down Hill

3 comments:

John II said...

Well, it looks like these guys who load the trailers should try playing 'Tetris' or get some pointers from Geoff on how to load cargo correctly (Since he hauls a moving van and carries expensive and sometimes delicate items). That way when you drop off your deliveries at different locations, you don't have to go digging through your trailer under all that metal for nothing; it's right there to get it.
Of course, if it's a situation where the trailer had to be packed like that because of weight distribution, certain drop-off locations, time factor and so on, then I could understand it. But at least, the guys could load and secure it correctly.

Jeffro said...

Why, that would p - well, let's just say the Pope would be upset.

Those loadout crews will keep on doing what they are doing until your management figures out what it's costing them. Good luck with that.

I'm sure they are like anyone else out there - once it's out the door and out of their sight - it's out of mind as well.

doomytunes said...

Simply amazing. It's almost like the loaders are going out of their way to be as creative as possible. Now I see why the company pays the extra $ for those tents. If those loads were not covered you would probably have every D.O.T. officer pulling you over.