Aug 24, 2010

Temporary Insanity


The one thing I fear the most when I take a few days off is 1) Who is going to drive my truck and 2) What are they going to tear up.


After being off duty for several days, I was a bit apprehensive to climb back into Seabiscuit's saddle. After a quick walk-around inspection to make sure the exterior was intact, I climbed inside for a once over.

The floors were a little dirty, but that is to be expected. I would never presume someone else, especially a temp driver would actually clean up after themselves. There were a few smudges that needed to be wiped away. The windshield was atrocious. But everything else seemed up to par...

Of course it is mandatory that I remove all my valuable personal belongings before surrendering my truck to someone else's care. I don't clean out the truck, just grab those items that would be costly or hard to replace, not to mention the bedding.

So after my initial inspection, I begin to reload my stuff.

And here is what I found....

The temp driver managed to break my cabinet. The door will not stay closed and the shelf no longer can support any weight. How he managed to do this is beyond me. Oh wait, maybe he really likes green beans... Yes, folks, he ate my stash of canned vegetables!!

After loading the truck, I took at quick scan at the daily inspections he turned in to make sure there were no new issues that I should be aware of. BINGO!!

He wrote up that the passenger side wiper blade was flopping around and needed to be checked. But what I found was that he had swapped the passenger side blade for the driver side blade, left all my tools helter skelter in the tool box and somehow managed to not actually reattach the passenger side blade so it slipped off and now I have nasty scratches on my windshield. It took me all of 2 minutes to actually clip the blade into place, but the damage was already done while he had possession of the truck.

So much for respecting each others possessions, or equipment !! Poor Little Seabiscuit !!




5 comments:

Jeffro said...

Morons. They're everywhere.

John II said...

Yeah, I feel you on that. Where I work, several of our trucks were lended to other drivers for hauling materials and when I go pick it up or it's delivered back, there's usually some problems with it: broken seat adjuster handle, trash and empty water and soda bottles, low coolant and oil, an older recap tire that was replaced for a flat tire, cracked windshield, one or more lights around the truck not functioning right, and a paper cup of tobacco spit or cigarette butts in the ashtray. Some people just don't give a damn anymore.

Lynn said...

My opinion is, if they were any good, they would not be working for a temp agency in the first place(not all of them, but most). CSA 2010 will take care of allot of temp drivers. It will be interesting to see if AAA continues to use them when it kicks in.

bctruck said...

ive read some of your stories about your truck breaking down. i suddenly realized that it must be a volvo,because most of the problems you have had,i have that and more with mine.your name for yours is frankentruck? my name for mine is the blue swedish turd on good days ,on bad days its simply the antichrist. i have a youtube channel with a buuuuuuunch of vids about my broken down piece of @#*^$%#@^$# volvo. youtube/users/bctruck. check it out if you want a good laugh,,,,,,,,,or cry.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable and NO respect. A shame. Hope you are doing good thought, LT. :)

ZT