Apr 9, 2009

Time To Go Back To Work


Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, it has finally happened. After 2 very long months, I am finally going back to the City that I love so dearly.


I have had a delightful time on my "vacation" driving entirely in the Southern States, with the exception of that one route that took me into Illinois. But truthfully, my weekly excursions down to Miami have been a bit of a minor struggle for me. I personally find the Florida Turnpike to be inexcusably mundane and often causes me to struggle throughout the journey. I have to set goals for myself, to even complete the 400+ mile trip through Florida.  Mini goals include stopping at Fort Pierce for my first coffee, then again west of Orlando for Popeye's Chicken, next I hit the Pilot north of Ocala for another shot of java. Silly, I know, but these mini goals are the only way I can make it out of the Sunshine State without stopping for a nap. I begin to feel slumber calling my name only an hour or two into the  northbound journey, and that is after I have just started my day a few hours before. I do not know why Florida does this to me, but I can assure you, one of my dearest friends is probably just about sick of me calling to have them keep me awake to the state line..It is that bad.

So, this Saturday, I will once again mount my trusty steed and gallop towards the magnificent entity that is New York City!
side note: my New England customers have been calling me every week, wondering when I would make my return....This will be a sort of homecoming. I cannot wait to see them!!

2 comments:

Indy said...

Hahahahahahaha

If your conversations with your dearest friend are half as funny and enjoyable as reading this blog, then he or she is just about the luckiest person on the planet! :-)

Without knowing any better, I suspect that they would look forward to having a yarn with you!

We have jobs like that, here, too - except without the freeway conditions!

I have to say that one advantage of having schnitzenkrugen roads (like my use of your wonderful cuss word???) is that it is hard to fall asleep when you're being caterpulted out of your seat every 15 seconds! Heh heh!

Hope you enjoy your return to your preferred work! :-)

Gary said...

the reason you get tired is all those retirees down there. they can't go 2 hours without a nap. don't you know anything? lmao!