Apr 10, 2009

Consistency


There IS something to be said for consistency. Sure, I would like to substitute that for accuracy. But, with consistency, there leaves very little room for doubt.  For example, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that every time I have my truck diagnosed, it will be not be repaired for the problems that are present. I also know that half of my problems are manufactured by the mechanics themselves, due to laziness, ignorance, or the fact that my chest sticks out a little further than the other drivers.


I think perhaps, I should invest profusely in Duct Tape..No, not the stock! I mean load up the truck with it, so every time I have to report an issue, I can tape down the girls so that they will no longer distract the mechanics from what I am telling them.

This week, I needed to have my ABS looked at. The brake failure was becoming a major issue, as the mechanism did not know how to behave. It is frightening to realize your brakes have just released even though you are still applying constant pressure and the light in front of you is red, and although you did have more than enough sufficient room to stop,  as long as the brakes keep up the cycle of grab and release, that comfort zone is rapidly diminishing because the damn things are not grabbing........So, the sensors were changed out. We shall see if that fixed the problems. Until I know for sure, I will continue to slow for each and every green light, and stop 100 yds before the actual red ones..Grrrrrr.....Oh yeah.. the little flashing light on the dash is kind of annoying as well....With or without....Either way is fine, but I would like a little consistency in my brakes performance.

As for the other repair. Well, I mentioned that my marker lights were flashing like a disco inferno while driving down the road. People were cutting me off left and right, but thanking me at the same time. That is when I discovered the strobe lights. It would only happen when the parking brakes were released, therefore I never noticed it during my pre-trip. I also mentioned that there was a loud electrical popping noise coming from out of my fuse panel. I had disconnected my radio to keep from burning it up, because it is hard to pull a fuse panel apart at 65 mph. I suggested the two instances were related, and perhaps they should check my fuses, relays, and control modules.

Here is where consistency comes into play.

My boss called to inform me that the only thing wrong with my truck, was the ground wire I had run from the frame to the fire wall. It was supposedly reeking havoc on the electrical system..

WTH??  seriously??

I disputed this accusation and after a short time later, the boss called back to confirm that the ground wire had absolutely nothing to do with my problems. That after further investigation, I indeed had a malfunctioning light control module. It has been replaced.

Had I not inquired as to how the beast was behaving, I would have most likely returned to a truck, minus one ground wire and the perpetual rhythmic styling of one disco duck!  I mean, my marker light problem would have not been corrected. But , because of consistency, I once again doubted the skills of the mad scientist, and pushed harder for a correct diagnosis....YAY ME!!

3 comments:

Indy said...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I just love this! Girl ... you dead set crack me up!

You said :-

"I think perhaps, I should invest profusely in Duct Tape..No, not the stock! I mean load up the truck with it, so every time I have to report an issue, I can
tape down the girls so that they will no longer distract the mechanics from what I am telling them."

Hahahahahaha! Do you need any assistance with that task? ROTFL

BAD Indy!

You are just the funniest little lady!

I have further comments that I will post at a later date ..... when I get done with laughing. You see, breathing is an issue at present coz I have laughed myself outta wind!

Indy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gary said...

i had a rear end accident a couple years ago due to a faulty abs system on a trailer. luckily i was only going about 3-4 mph. had just started through a green light when the pick up in front of me was cut off by 2 cars. as he slammed on the brakes, i was looking in the mirror to see if anyone was going to try to cut in front of me (an extremely commom occurance at this intersection). i slammed on the brakes and just as the truck was coming to a stop, the abs released the (empty) trailer brakes and an additional 9000#'s pushed me into the back of the pick up. i was given a chargable accident even though every driver (1500) in our fleet has complained about this low speed light weight problem. it gets worse on wet roads. i absolutely hate abs systems on trucks.