Apr 25, 2009

Blue Skies


"Blue skies, smiling on me.....nothing but blue skies forever I see...."

or something like that....

Hey Kids... I am really excited to report that I will be playing Over The Road trucker next week. Well, okay, maybe not anymore than I normally do already. I am however, venturing out into uncharted territory. Um...yeah, okay so it is not so remote, not even to me. The girl who thrives in the North Eastern United States, and yes, I have ventured west of the Mississippi River a few times here of late.

This week, I have chosen a route that will take me back "home". I am making deliveries in Alabama, Memphis, Louisiana, and Texas!! The way it is set up, will actually take me longer to deliver than I am normally accustomed too. I have usually completed my deliveries by lunchtime on Tuesday, but I foresee myself to be lingering in Texas well into Thursday.

You know, I am beginning to feel a little restless, but have no fear, I tend to get this way every so often. I think a nice vacation would do the trick. Maybe a beach trip!  

But alas, I am feeling better about things, although I do have some excessive energy I need to burn off. Mentally and physically, perhaps due to the restlessness. But things are looking up emotionally..You cant fight this stuff forever!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy times, Lil Trucker, happy times! Enjoy 'em while you got 'em.

Take care,
The Kid

Indy said...

All I have to say is this, Petal:-

You visit sunshine and blue skies upon us all, each and every day. It is pleasing to see that you see some on your horizon!

Mike said...

Come to Austin. I wanna drive the truck!

Unknown said...

Hey, you'll be in my part of the world for a little while. If nothing goes wrong this week I should be in Texas (Winfield to Laredo on Wed., back up on Thurs. if I don't get laid over half the day). Monday evening I'll be headed east on 40 into TN and back west Tues. Give me a call if you see you're going to have some time for a meetup.

Gabby

Anonymous said...

Call me.

OneSillyTrucker said...

Well it didnt take you as long as you thought. Here it is Wednesday and you are back in Bama. I guess you hurried so you could meet Jack....nice blog Terry

Gary said...

when you really gonna stretch those legs and head up to my neck of the country?