Apr 13, 2009

Read At Your Own Risk

Seriously.......I am losing it. There is absolutely nothing about this post that is intended to be cute or funny..I could fill 500 sentences with nothing but curse words, and would feel no remorse for doing so, but I know several of my readers who would find that very offensive, and of course, I always try to think of others first...So.....the extent of my emotional rage will have to be read between the lines....


Last week, I declined 2-3 days of work with the intention of giving the mechanics ample amount of time to fix my truck. Kind of selfish, in a way. I just did not want to sit at a shop for 2 days while my truck was being repaired. Instead, I opted to let them take it to a shop, and allow me a normal weekend at home.

Well, that did not happen. The stupid idiots tried to fix it themselves, but left me a message to go by a Volvo shop to let the real mechanics finish the job. Great..not only did I sacrifice income last week for the failed repairs, but now I also have to give up more personal time , that I do not get any compensation for, to have the job finished.  

Brake ABS, still malfunctioning, along with the traction control now  acting up as well!! Valve on dash still leaking air.

Marker lights do not work at all and there are open electrical circuits somewhere in my truck, which I am constantly reminded of by the display screen on my dash.  The blinkers no longer have an automatic shut off after you complete your turn..The truck can no longer gauge how many miles per gallon it can travel, and the fuel economy reading is completely inaccurate. The last reading said that on 89 gallons, I should be able to travel 9974 miles. On top of that, with the electrical current free flowing, my hair has been standing straight up for 3 days now. and everything I touch shocks me.  The spot mirror on the nose of the tractor has mysteriously lost all the screws which keep it mounted in place. So, it is flopping around because it is mounted on to a ball joint. The fucking mechanics lost all the screws to my dash when they got into the fuse panel, so the top of my dash is no longer attached which means my radio is also flopping around.

And my inverter just burnt up. AGAIN...

Isn't it amazing how all my problems have followed me to 3 separate trucks.  The only thing I have added to any of them is a ground wire for my antennae.  But yet, the same things keep happening..

Every time the truck goes in the shop..it comes out in a worse state......

Let us review the common denominators...Me..........the mechanics.......three separate trucks....same problems after the mechanics get a  hold of each one........

I am so tired of this..I was actually in tears a few moments ago....I love my job..I love my plant location, but these stupid idiots are going to force me to leave. I cannot continue facing the same fucking issues every week....My nerves are frayed and I have had enough...

Last week, the only problems I has were the ABS, and the marker lights.....Amazing how that works!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of clowns. Just remember that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

Anonymous said...

Wow!
Possible suggestions:
Has your shop heard of auto electricians?
Has your shop heard of the dr's oath-do no harm?
Has your shop foreman heard of "pink slips"?
Lil' Trucker, hang in there. I'm getting my first truck from the shop today because, although they knew I was coming for it, the company tempt out my truck and now the interior is trashed, the left side looks like it lost a battle with a pole, the little window is busted out of the passenger door and my mirror has lost its backing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back better than it goes in.
Good luck, T. Hopin' it works out for you!

Unknown said...

ugh, that sucks. Unfortunately shops are where most companies try to save money and can't seem to get the most competent of mechanics (that's being generous). Out of almost 20 years of driving, James only worked at ONE place that had a great shop. However since our current company fired the old shop foreman and replaced him with somebody that actually could wrench himself it's not so bad here. Still has its faults but much, much, much better.

I don't think you're the only one having trouble getting things done properly, rather I think it's the other drivers that don't seem too care and aren't willing to step up and tell somebody in charge that these guys are idiots. You know, the whole ostrich-head in the sand thing.

Hugs from TN!!!!!(laid over because my regular dispatcher is out for the week and his fill-in didn't seem to think it was important to tell me no loads today)

Terry said...

Anon, I do know very well that the grass is not greener. I LOVE my job!! And, this is the first truck in 18 months that does not have an exhaust leak. Therefore, I have to keep it, as I am super sensitive to exhaust fumes. I have been told that breathing exhaust does permanent damage, and my sensitivity to it indicates I have have more than my fill.

HilmarKid....Congrats on getting your own truck. Sorry to hear it is in such a terrible state. Once it gets repaired and you put yourself into, it will become yours. You will enjoy that! Please dont let my negative experiences cause you any concern for yourself. There are wonderful companies (as mine is) and wonderful mechanics (but I know very few of those :( )

Gabby, I would have given anything to have been at home so I could come and run with Elsie!! You are only an hour from my home! Thanks for your support..Now, can I borrow James to get some of these issues resolved?

Gary said...

terry, i'm so sorry to hear of your ongoing issues with your truck. i have had this experiance with incompetant mechanics my self. fortunately, as a local driver who doesn't wander far from home, i can let some of the problems that i can't seem to get fixed just fester until the truck decides it's had enough and quits on it's own. after a $200-$300 dollar tow bill, you'd be surprised how quick the problem gets fixed the right way...

Unknown said...

Sure! Just give us advance notice and he'll shave his head so he can be even more intimidating than usual, lol.

Gabby

Terry said...

Gary....I seem to do okay....if I can just stay out of the local circus arena..I know some mechanics are not as good as others, but I dont have too many problems outside of town.....Just find it hard to get in to the good ones. Not on my route, and I have to give up my personal time to use them...Just spent 40 hours of MY time, getting the ol boy fixed....Grrrrr....I hate short weekends...