Jan 1, 2008

I Give Up.. for now...

My days with Internet dating have come to a close for now.... I think I will spend the next few months just taking care of me and getting ready for all the wonderful changes that are going to take place this year... Not to say that I would turn down a date with a handsome stranger, if the opportunity comes along. I am just not going to keep looking for that opportunity.

My last encounter with an On-Line match went a little something like this.

A fellow that I was exchanging emails with back when I met Superman, sent me a message. I thought I might as well see what he had to say, so I began to talk to him again... We had several phone conversations, along with several emails, and agreed to meet on my next trip to Bama. Which just so happened to be this weekend...

On Saturday, I set sail for another visit with my brother's family and along the way I stopped to meet him.. We had agreed to a quick meet and greet, but no intentional "date" was scheduled.

I sat waiting in the Wendy's parking lot for him to arrive. When I saw him pull up, my heart sank. He was yet another of those fellows who was very pleasant to communicate with, but I felt disappointed when he pulled up in an older model mini-van... It was not so much the mini-van that bothered me, but it still made an impression on m e nonetheless. What did bother me was the fact that his teeth were absolutely horrible.. Not like meth amphetamine horrible, just all out of place... And I am thinking why would anyone over the age of , no, I take that back.... why would anyone go through life with their teeth so obviously neglected.. Okay, maybe he did not have dental insurance.... But still, if he has no insurance, then what other areas of his life were also neglected?? See where I am going with this?

It was literally all I could do to sit there and drink a soda while exchanging some very superficial pleasantries.. Lucky for me, he had some urgent errands to run.. He did ask if I would like to hang around and he would show me his horses... I excused myself politely with the excuse that my Brother was waiting on me to arrive.... which was not really a lie, I mean, bro was expecting me even though he was sleeping and was not a bit concerned about what time I would arrive... Oh well, it worked anyways...

I kind of felt bad for this fellow, because he obviously knew his teeth were a distraction and tried to hide them which made it even harder for me to not notice, but okay! He left with a simple, "I will talk to you later." to which I replied that I would contact him in a few days because I would be busy with family plans.....

In the course of two and a half days at my brothers house, I received 17 text messages from him. After the first one, I did respond with "I will contact you after I am through with family plans." After the second one, I turned my phone off.... When I turned it back on, not only were there a total of 17 from him, there was also another text from a local number that I did not know asking who I was...

I kind of get the feeling he was texting me from another number, just to see if I would answer.. Playing detective if you will.... There is no other reason that I can think of that I would get a message asking who I was, unless I had called a strange number, and I had not.

Needless to say, even if the teeth had not been so ughh... the incessant text messages were enough to scare me away...

Oh , he just sent me another one!! ...... Crap......

Okay, so I just sent him one explaining that I was not attracted to him, which is an important factor to me, and that I wished him luck.. Hopefully that will be the end of that...

EDIT.... Not five minutes after sending the last text, I received a phone call from him.. Yes, I did address the massive amount of texts he had sent... So, anyways, he wanted to know what I was talking about.. I explained... He offered an explanation, which I completely understood. Then he tells me to not freak out on him.. That he is not some kind of freak, but that his daughter got a hold of the phone and was playing with.... See, that is understandable considering that the last 7 messages all said the same thing.. But what he failed to see was the part of the text where I plainly stated that I was not attracted to him, and would not be interested in dating him.... Sheeesh.. my phone is off. I hate having to do that, but what else could I possibly say to make him understand?.....

5 comments:

Mike said...

Some people...

I mean I ALWAYS quit calling and texting after 15 calls go unanswered. 16 calls just seems desperate and 17 just sorta screams STALKY...

Terry said...

Gee iMike, kind of makes you wonder if his middle name is WAYNE...?!

*~*Cece*~* said...

Oh I don't know how you single ladies do it. I've got a very close girlfriend who gets some real "winners" now & then.

The excessive texting would've done it for me. I say in the future, when you are ready to start again, you need to pick up a prepaid phone this way you can dump minutes into it as you need & when the guy turns into a nut job just don't reload it and he doesn't get your real cell number!

Happy New Year, my friend.

Terry said...

That is a wonderful idea, Cece!!

Mike said...

Cece,

My wife is going to use that idea on me, I am afraid...

Terry,

Invite Stalky Wayne out for a SACK LUNCH!