Jan 19, 2008

I Better go Get Some Milk and Bread !!

Although I don't eat enough bread to warrant purchasing some, and I already have a half gallon of milk. I better get to it and join the mass panic that ensues once the snow begins to fall. Time to head to the grocery store and stock up!!






On Wednesday, it was fore casted that parts of Georgia were to see snow. It has been at least four years since I have last seen any white fluffy precipitation in the Peach State. I did manage to see a few flakes falling on my trip home, but not enough to stick or cause closures.





Which is surprising, because here in the south, ONE snowflake will close the schools and half the businesses. I admit that I was excited, even though I see major snow in New England each winter. There is just something thrilling about seeing it from your living room window as you are all snuggled up warm and toasty! But alas! most of the inch that had fallen was washed away by the rains within a few hours of falling. So, that was it....








Until.......








This morning I awoke to the sounds of rain. I was a bit discouraged because I am really trying to get back in the swing of the whole diet and exercise program. I would not mind running in the rain, if it was Summer. But with the current temps hovering in the high 30's.. No Dice!!





Around 11AM, I glanced out the front window and noticed these huge snowflakes falling.. They were about the size of quarters.....What.... a second snow shower in Georgia within one week..





It continued to snow over the next four hours. I believe we were fore casted to get 2-4 inches. But remember, this is the south. What amazed me the most was the fact that less than an hour after it started, and believe me quite a bit had fallen in that short time frame, there were already people driving off into the ditches... THERE IS NO ICE ON THE ROAD!! and yet I saw 2 vehicles in the ditch!




I posted this picture just to see if you would notice the way I outsmarted that pesky little cardinal that likes to poop all over my doors! Damn Birdy Bastard, and yes, it is only my car he adorns with his frustrations!




This is what it looked like 10 minutes after it started!!



This is one hour later



And this is the Grande Finale of the Blizzard of '08.

It is still occasionally trying to spit a few more flakes, but sadly, half of what had fallen is already melted away....Oh well, at least it happened on a Saturday so that I could enjoy it. Oh, and the best part was the fact that most of the children in the area under the age of seven have never seen snow before. Their parents had them all bundled up and they were participating in a massive snow ball fight. Too bad the snow was not falling fast enough to keep them in ammo...But I just love moments like that!!

2 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Just wanted you to know, I'm still stopping by and reading.We didn't get any snow. I'm still hoping now that the Christmas excursions are over and I'm home for a while.
Diet update-day 15, 3 pounds lost.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Um. I love your car. Seriously.

I gave up my Mustang convertible for something more kid friendly and haven't stopped crying ever since.