Jun 6, 2008

Not Again....

I got THAT dreaded phone call today.

The one that starts out, "It is your turn to pick"

I cringe whenever I hear those dreaded words... It means that Mr. T is at it again.. His choice of routes forces me to run a load I would prefer not to run. This week, it will be Tennessee, Ohio, and Michigan... Two of those states have 55 mph speed limits for trucks, the last time I checked, anyways. And Kentucky is in the way!!

It also means my paycheck will be less than I am accustomed to, and more time in the truck. I will be a regular OTR Trucker this week. Not really, I still won't have to wait to get unloaded, and I still already know the customers. The main drawback, other than having to cruise through OHIO and MICHIGAN, is that the stops are quite a ways apart. Meaning I might get lucky and get three stops delivered in one day, as opposed to my usual 7-8 while riding around the Big City. I do have an extra day off this weekend..... yippee.... but the prolonged trip might make it difficult to make the Father's Day event my stepmother has planned.. Sorry DAD!! I will try to be there.

In other news, today was splendid. I got my 5 mile run in, along with an hour at the pool, and the evening finished out with a nice thunderstorm. It was out of the blue, and it took me several minutes to realize my car windows were still down... ugh.... Guess I need to give the Pony Car some extra t.l.c. tomorrow.

Oh yeah.... I have a new infatuation. It is driving me crazy, because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it....It makes for nice dreams, but seriously, I prefer to not ache to know someone, whom I will possibly never "know". But, yeah, he is nice to dream about.

Okay, until then..........

2 comments:

Mike said...

Is it Animal from the Muppets?

George Clooney's stunt double?

That baby from the E-Trade commercials?

Terry said...

I did have a thing for Cookie Monster, but that was months ago!! and the Geico Gecko kind of cranks my tractor, too.....