Nov 1, 2007

Superman's Legacy

Among other assorted super powers, Superman has a very keen sense of hearing...Or maybe I should be amazed by his incredible memory skills.



During one of our first conversations we were discussing a wide variety of topics including types of favorite movies. Also in this conversation were topics based on what weird things we have or have not done.....Get your mind out of the gutter!!



My list included never having seen the movie ET. Never.



How unAmerican is that? A classic like ET.. Also I have never seen an entire Rocky movie...And I don't normally eat Apple Pie either...But I digress.



After weeks of phone calls and emails, Superman decides it it time we get together and he plans out an entire day of treats for me. Now you must remember the ET conversation took place 3 weeks before the date was planned.



The Big Day arrives and our first adventure includes a trip to the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center. I had never been, and it was quite lovely. I am not one to stare at displays and read all the fine print, but there were several interactive displays that were alot of fun, including climbing a rock wall.....




Yes, I made it to the top...





No, Superman did not!!



and why is there a rock wall at the Space and Rock et Center, anyways? We also enjoyed riding into the sky on the Space Shot, which lead us to a fun filled fabulous trip to Six Flags last week. However, we both forgot to bring cameras...



Afterwards we enjoyed a delicious meal and headed to his place to catch a viewing of.......



You Guessed It....



ET.... The Extra Terrestrial



Superman had to search 4 stores to find this film as it is no longer in high demand. Talk about making an effort... Awwww......



Next, we returned to The Space and Rocket Center to visit the Tunnels of Terror... This was about the cheesiest haunted house I have ever been to, but we had loads of fun scaring the other patrons and socializing with the spooks. We were actually invited to return next year and become a part of the act.....



Finally, we did a little star gazing of our own.... It was a wonderfully thought out first date centered entirely around the theme of Space and Aliens.... I can not believe how thoughtful Superman is....Most guys would have forgotten I even mentioned ET, much less planned an entire day around it!!

4 comments:

maddie said...

what a stud! hang on to that superman, girl!

i can't believe you had never seen ET before.....!!!

Ginger said...

Confused I am. But we'll get to that later. Have we talked about you not seeing E.T. before? We used to watch it every year on Christmas Eve (I know, wierd, huh?). I have it on DVD. Next you'll tell me you've never seen Beaches.

Terry said...

Sorry Ginger, it is just so different and wonderful, and I am being very cautious about how much I expose!

YES, Shell.... ET.. Today Superman said we will have to get to those Rocky movies soon!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Awwwww!!