Feb 24, 2007

Just Another Manic Monday.... ohhhhh whoooaaaa

And so the Saga continues....

After a peaceful night in the motel room, I awoke Monday with a tiny sense of dread...Last time I had
to get a replacement TRUCK, it ended up being a day cab. No place to take naps and the suspension is even worse!!

I contacted the corporate office and my dispatcher..... WAITING (Time is a wastin)... Finally, I agree to drive my damaged Truck to make my deliveries... It is now 9AM and with my limited driving capacity (daylight hours only) I am off in a rush... The roadways are now dry again, so no problem there, but I am 3 hours away from my first destination... I arrive at lunch time and naturally have to wait it out.... That being done, I begin to make calls to find out the delivery hours of my next few stops...

Lo and Behold!! My next three customers are all closed due to the observance of Presidents Day!! After much deliberation, I decide there is nothing left to do but shut her down... I would have attempted the fourth delivery, but there was too much other freight in the way and they have to hand unload every single piece .

So by 2pm on Monday I am officially done for the day... While this week is not progressing how I intended it too, I am still in good spirits... Motel 6, here I come....

Okay, so I am a little agitated at this point, but not taking it out on anyone.. My theory is that if the Main Office had told me of the customer closures, I would not have started my journey when i did.. I would not have been at milemarker 314 in Virginia when the Toyota slid across the road, and I would not have crunched my Truck...

The bad part is that I asked..... I have been traveling to the NE region for several years now and am aware that some of the customers will use anything as an excuse to be off for the day. I ASKED!!!!! I was reassured that EVERYONE would be open.....

Oh well, Tomorrow is another day!!!!

No comments: