Sep 13, 2007

Here's Your Sign........

While standing in line at Wendy's, the man in front of me noticed that I was favoring my left hand, being extremely cautious and protective.

He continues to sneak glances at me and finally musters up the courage to ask, " Did you cut your thumb?"

ME: Yeah

MAN IN FRONT OF ME: How did you do it?

ME: Oh, the usual way. With a sharp object.

MAN BEHIND ME: Here's your sign.....

The entire line of patrons, along with the crew at the counter completely busted up laughing.

I did feel bad for the fellow who had asked, so I continued to engage him in conversation.

ME: Actually, Halloween is coming up and I wanted to get a start on my costume....I am going as Frankenstein's Monster....


At least he laughed that time....

After posting my 36 hour recap on Saturday evening, I had a few loose ends to tie up before going to bed for the night. While I was in the kitchen, with sharp object in hand, a large dog came crashing against my doorway... The loud bang and furious barking startled me. Yep, you guessed it.....



That was at 10:30 PM....

I spent the next s.e.v.e.r.a.l. hours at the ER (my first visit). There was never really any pain, but the loss of blood was overwhelming.. I bet I lost at least a half pint.... SERIOUSLY!!

Okay, maybe there was a little pain, but not from the injury.... The only pain involved the DR ramming the needle into my poor little thumb, to numb it... I normally sing silly songs to distract myself from intense pain and/or anger. I was busy singing a Christmas Jingle and she laughed at me...

DR: Are you trying to distract yourself from the pain?

ME: Well, its either sing or punch you in the nose.

DR: ...... had a very shiny nose.....And if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows.

You know, the DR had a lovely singing voice!

I finally made it home and in the bed around 4AM.... I was suppose to leave for Philly at 8AM...Looks like another long week.



sigh

7 comments:

Sally said...

Ohmygosh!! I'm so sorry about your finger...I hope it doesn't hurt too much now. And I'm so impressed that you took care of all of that on your own...I would have been passed out on the floor from seeing the bloog, and then I would have bled to death or died from shock! Go Girl!

Unknown said...

Ouch.

We are scar twins, though. I damn near amputated my won left thumb when I was working at a summer camp.

Anything for a laugh, right?

Terry said...

Sally, there was a split second when I saw the gaping abyss, that I just wanted to sit down and cry... But cooler heads prevailed. I knew I would bleed to death so I had to take action...

Mike, another version of my answer to the question..... Well, it was a saturday night and I had nothing better to do, Never been to the ER so I thought I would go check it out. They only let you in the back if you are injured. Did you know it is no where near as exciting as they show it on TV.

Hey Hey slop tray... The mutant, amputated barfing counselor is on his way!! :)

Unknown said...

Nice memory!

Terry said...

Like an elephant!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Sorry, I didn't get the thing about the sign. I'm clueless!
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

ouch!